• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January 2013 ComicLink Auction

221 posts in this topic

Well, say what you will about the CVA stickers, but one of those really helped the seller of the 9.2 ASM 75... I dropped out at $185, which was about 120% of the 12-mo GPA. It ended at $364, just a bit short of equalling the price that the 9.4 copy brought in. (shrug)

I think it was good for buyer and seller. Some things went a little lower but others went really high in my opinion.
It was a good night to be alive. 0 for 56 here :acclaim:

Well, say what you will about the CVA stickers, but one of those really helped the seller of the 9.2 ASM 75... I dropped out at $185, which was about 120% of the 12-mo GPA. It ended at $364, just a bit short of equalling the price that the 9.4 copy brought in. (shrug)

I was interested in that book but dropped out as well...damndest nicest 9.2 I've ever seen...$364 would be a strong price for a 9.4 these days...

I was interested in that book but dropped out as well...damndest nicest 9.2 I've ever seen...$364 would be a strong price for a 9.4 these days...

Yeah, I figure there had to be something going on with the back cover. Based on the front cover scan it looked to be undergraded. I do wish CLink would start putting up back scans...

What makes you think the CVA sticker had anything to do with it?

Oh, the CVA sticker may not have had anything to do with it. After all, the book looked really sharp based on the scan. However, it was the only CVA book in the ones I was following and it blew GPA out of the water. It could very well have been a case of someone calling for notes and gambling on a resub of 9.4 or better...

Oh, the CVA sticker may not have had anything to do with it. After all, the book looked really sharp based on the scan. However, it was the only CVA book in the ones I was following and it blew GPA out of the water. It could very well have been a case of someone calling for notes and gambling on a resub of 9.4 or better...

Might not even be gambling for a resub. There are a number of books that I'd be happy to blow GPA out of the water on.

Might not even be gambling for a resub. There are a number of books that I'd be happy to blow GPA out of the water on.

Fair enough. I generally look for copies with superior eye appeal and I know I've got to pay over GPA to get them. After all, I was willing to go to 120% of GPA on this copy.

However, this book not only blew the GPA average out of the water, it also beat the previous record sale (from back in 2008) by another 20%. That's pretty impressive for a 9.2 with nice eye appeal...

Fair enough. I generally look for copies with superior eye appeal and I know I've got to pay over GPA to get them. After all, I was willing to go to 120% of GPA on this copy.

However, this book not only blew the GPA average out of the water, it also beat the previous record sale (from back in 2008) by another 20%. That's pretty impressive for a 9.2 with nice eye appeal...

Par for the course for CL auctions. Many books go for well below GPA, while a few surpass it.