• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January 2013 ComicLink Auction

221 posts in this topic

Some nice little picks to be had in the final part of the auction if top grade isn't your target but just have the book in your collection and filling in the gaps. Unfortunately I'm saving for LSCC and just can't spare any money. Good luck to everyone though (thumbs u

Just wanted to post a positive story about comic link. Today I realized I didn't combine shipping on books I won on seperate days, so I contacted ComicLink and was promptly answered by Tracy Slater. Very prompt and great customer service! Everything was handled super quick and my books were even shipped out a few hours after contacting them. Thank you ComicLink!

Just wanted to post a positive story about comic link. Today I realized I didn't combine shipping on books I won on seperate days, so I contacted ComicLink and was promptly answered by Tracy Slater. Very prompt and great customer service! Everything was handled super quick and my books were even shipped out a few hours after contacting them. Thank you ComicLink!

Tracy is a great member of staff who I have dealt with a few times over the years and is always top notch nothing but praise for her

Tracy is a great member of staff who I have dealt with a few times over the years and is always top notch nothing but praise for her

+1

I third this. They did me a big favor once.

Superboy 197 9.8 was at $231 with 20 seconds left and I tried to snipe it with a $400 max bid. It went for $425. This book continues to elude me.

RAD83C0520121219_13543.jpg

nice book- i remember having about a VF copy as a kid it was sitting in a pile of books up in the attic along with my older sisters archie comics they used to read.

I remember buying this one off the stands. Always loved the cover.

Scored the one book I wanted the most out of the auction.... :cloud9:

LoveandRockets1.jpg

That's quite something. Well done! :)

Scored the one book I wanted the most out of the auction.... :cloud9:

LoveandRockets1.jpg

That's quite something. Well done! :)

Saw that one as well - nice pickup!

I could have sworn CGC wouldn't slab this book due to it being a purely black & white photocopied publication with no easy way to distinguish between the originals and the counterfeits. Wonder if that means they'll start slabbing Goobledygook #1 as well now hm

I should probably kick myself in the nuts for buying this book. :eek:

RADED9F720121226_151348.jpg

I enjoy reading Walter Durajlija's auction recaps, and in his review of this CLink sale he seems to agree with greggy's opinion:

http://www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/auctions/auction-highlights-75/

Worth a click.

I should probably kick myself in the nuts for buying this book. :eek:

RADED9F720121226_151348.jpg

I enjoy reading Walter Durajlija's auction recaps, and in his review of this CLink sale he seems to agree with greggy's opinion:

http://www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/auctions/auction-highlights-75/

Worth a click.

Good read! I didn't know about this site until now. Gonna have to look more often!

Worth a click.

I do too! Wish they'd be more involved (longer reads), and I dont think I've seen him do any CVA analysis yet, which would be very interesting...

I won my first ever auctions in the january auction, i got Astonishing Tales 34 9.8, with a cva sticker, and Marvel Two-In-One 52 9.8. but i think i overpaid on both of them, im not complaining, I'm very happy with my purchases. I just keep getting surprised by how much higher a 9.8 label drives the price of a book up.