• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January 2013 ComicLink Auction

221 posts in this topic

Just purchased these just cause they were going for the same price of me sending them into CGC.

Kudos Brother!

It's nice when you find deals that allows you to make this statement.

When it comes to the books I seek (late SA early BA) it makes my month when I can say this

(how ever rare it is).

:banana:

I know I've been selling some Black Terror comics in my sales thread in my massive comic purge to pay down some debt, but I couldn't resist snagging this one.

Further, I should probably be kicked in the nuts even more than Greggy since it cost me 1.75x Overstreets for a low-grade non-war cover Nedor, but it's the hardest issue in the run (3 unrestored copies on the census).

I've been looking for a decent unrestored copy since MC Miles outbid me on the 7.0 back in Apr. 2007.

:whee:

BlackTerror2.jpg

I know I've been selling some Black Terror comics in my sales thread in my massive comic purge to pay down some debt, but I couldn't resist snagging this one.

Further, I should probably be kicked in the nuts even more than Greggy since it cost me 1.75x Overstreets for a low-grade non-war cover Nedor, but it's the hardest issue in the run (3 unrestored copies on the census).

I've been looking for a decent unrestored copy since MC Miles outbid me on the 7.0 back in Apr. 2007.

BlackTerror2.jpg

LOVE that book.

no nut kicking! thats a great looking 3.0. Most of its defect is in the two small missing pieces, but the rest of the cover looks real sharp! (thumbs u

BlackTerror2.jpg

no nut kicking! thats a great looking 3.0. Most of its defect is in the two small missing pieces, but the rest of the cover looks real sharp! (thumbs u

BlackTerror2.jpg

A great book in any grade. (thumbs u

BlackTerror2.jpg

A great book in any grade. (thumbs u

And that looks like a nice presenting 3.0 at that.

Kudos Brother!

It's nice when you find deals that allows you to make this statement.

When it comes to the books I seek (late SA early BA) it makes my month when I can say this

(how ever rare it is).

:banana:

It definitely felt great to get them for those prices! I could have probably got some more but I was trying to bid last minute with my iPhone which I now know not to do anymore. lol

I'm just excited that my win now makes me eligible to complain/have opinions about CLink!

(Right? Those were Josh's rules if I remember right. ;) )

I've won a handful of books this time around and yeah, we can express our pleasure (or displeasure) since we're "in the cool kid's club!"

My only pick up so far - though I'll likely come away with more once session four - or bagain night - is over.

A childhood favorite here. If you've never read the comic it is full of all sorts of interesting and accurate information about the history of money. Things like Roman soldiers were once paid in part in salt. A poor soldier was said to "not be worth his salt". The modern day word "salary" is derived from the Latin "salarium" which roots in the paying of wages in salt.

And a gazillion other interesting facts about money as explained by Uncle Scrooge. Who would know more about money?

AND on top of a childhood favorite for next to nothing I now have my first CVA sticker. Wowser! :jokealert:

UncleScroogeandMoney_zps43aa1f91.jpg

I want to read this now! Sounds interesting! :cloud9: