• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January 2013 ComicLink Auction

221 posts in this topic

Superboy 197 9.8 was at $231 with 20 seconds left and I tried to snipe it with a $400 max bid. It went for $425. This book continues to elude me.

RAD83C0520121219_13543.jpg

Oh does it, now? hm

There were a few Ladies in White in this months auction, but most had poor centering, so while they would have been a condition upgrade, they wouldn't have necessarily been a presentation upgrade.

Until this little lady caught my eye.

Sure she's just a 9.0, but the centering looks great, and it presents (based on CLinks scan) far better than its grade...

So come to papa my Wonder Woman #200 upgrade! Had to go over GPA for it, but considering there had only been two sales since 2010, it wasnt much data. It closed for more than the lower price, but less than the higher recorded prices so I feel good, especially since these dont show up often...

qpHt5SG.jpg

Superboy 197 9.8 was at $231 with 20 seconds left and I tried to snipe it with a $400 max bid. It went for $425. This book continues to elude me.

nice book- i remember having about a VF copy as a kid it was sitting in a pile of books up in the attic along with my older sisters archie comics they used to read.

It's more elusive than commonly thought and at NM or better consistently sells for more than you'd think. I "settled" for a 9.4 a year ago.

It's more elusive than commonly thought and at NM or better consistently sells for more than you'd think. I "settled" for a 9.4 a year ago.

It's a bit under rated apparently. I have a 9.4 as well, but I'm not ready to settle! lol

Oh does it, now? hm

:)

What grade do you want it in, so I know which copy I need to send to CGC. hm

Oh does it, now? hm

9.8 will do just fine!

Wolverine prototype!

maybe I'm just losing my marbles...

I read what you wrote before the edit. What happened?

I could've sworn they added more time to the TOS auctions starting with the 39 in CGC 8.0.

The TOS 39 in 8.0 was over and then I went to another page and back to that same page and it

then it had 3 minutes left???

WTF over??? I guess I was the only to see it so I guess it doesn't matter.

I won what I wanted to win anyway.

They need to upgrade this site badly!

Got me a 9.8 last year around the same price thru a ComicLink auction, so I guess this tends to be around $400+. For some reason, I've only seen ComicLink offer this particular issue up for sale, at least in 9.8 (thus the lack of any GPA 9.8 prices, which is frustrating). Love this cover.... :cloud9: Like you and the others said though, it's a difficult book to find in HG. HG raw copies seem non-existent. Couldn't find any without spine stresses. So, I just bit the bullet and paid what I thought was through the nose for my 9.8 last year. Kinda glad my purchase wasn't just an aberration.

I was actually more surprised at what the 198 went for though! :o That was always consistently around $100. Was not expecting $257! That was a gorgeous copy though. A great many seem to be miswrapped for that issue. Us Legion fans are definitely passionate!

Oh does it, now? hm

9.8 will do just fine!

I went through my copies. I'm on the fence at 9.4/9.6. I can't pull off a 9.8, unfortunately.

I thought I have a nicer copy. If I do I can't find it at the moment.

It would probably be worth my time to go through my Legion run and submit my 9.8s.

I'm quite happy with a 9.4 and money in my pocket. :whee:

Anyone else annoyed at the way they order the auction now? Seems it used to be just a straight alpha list. Now they try to do this era and grade separation. Just makes it hard to notice some things if your just scrolling through. I can see separating out the loose lots but just put all the graded books in alphabetical order.