• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January 2013 ComicLink Auction

221 posts in this topic

Anyone else annoyed at the way they order the auction now? Seems it used to be just a straight alpha list. Now they try to do this era and grade separation. Just makes it hard to notice some things if your just scrolling through. I can see separating out the loose lots but just put all the graded books in alphabetical order.

Actually I like it. I think the eras should be seperated.

Anyone else annoyed at the way they order the auction now? Seems it used to be just a straight alpha list. Now they try to do this era and grade separation. Just makes it hard to notice some things if your just scrolling through. I can see separating out the loose lots but just put all the graded books in alphabetical order.

Actually I like it. I think the eras should be seperated.

#1 ... at first I was like WTF.... but it does seem to make sense to me now and I'm digging it.

maybe I'm just losing my marbles...

I read what you wrote before the edit. What happened?

I could've sworn they added more time to the TOS auctions starting with the 39 in CGC 8.0.

The TOS 39 in 8.0 was over and then I went to another page and back to that same page and it

then it had 3 minutes left???

WTF over??? I guess I was the only to see it so I guess it doesn't matter.

I won what I wanted to win anyway.

They need to upgrade this site badly!

Dude the same thing happened to me on their Spidey auctions? 3 Minutes were added? Man I guess I'm not really getting old like I thought? :ohnoez:

Buts its not just by era. They are taking all the sub grades, looks like 7.0 or less, and moving them to the end of the auction.

Exactly.

If their intent is to get as many eyes on as many auctions as possible, then having all of an era's titles in one place make sense.

But maybe its more about buying habits.

People who lose out on the Big $ books from Day 1 & 2 may be more likely to go extra dollars for the day 3 books which are cheaper. Especially if they are "consolation prize" versions of the same book from day 1.

Otherwise I'd imagine people bidding on the high grade books would skip the lower grade ones to go after other high grade books on the same closing day.

And checking out. I will sell some stuff to make this book a complete wash...

If I want to have a discussion about this... start a topic here or in restoration issues since it is a PLOD book?

RAD9B4DF20121126_104633.jpg

If I want to have a discussion about this... start a topic here or in restoration issues since it is a PLOD book?

Great book :applause:

I was strongly considering making a run for that book, but as it turns out decided to go for Silver aged grails instead. Great book, and i would be very happy with a great presenting 6.5. Congrats

For discussion: either start a thread for it in the Golden aged section or in the restoration section would be the best IMHO.

Buts its not just by era. They are taking all the sub grades, looks like 7.0 or less, and moving them to the end of the auction.

Exactly.

If their intent is to get as many eyes on as many auctions as possible, then having all of an era's titles in one place make sense.

People who lose out on the Big $ books from Day 1 & 2 may be more likely to go extra dollars for the day 3 books which are cheaper. Especially if they are "consolation prize" versions of the same book from day 1.

Otherwise I'd imagine people bidding on the high grade books would skip the lower grade ones to go after other high grade books on the same closing day.

The only thing I can say about the format change is overall I don't care for it. However, I'm not sure even CL knows if it's better the current way or old way. I know that I consistently pick up more books once they get to the last session. And it's not because I'm making up for not getting stuff in the early sections. It's because I like good deals and I find a lot more "too good to pass up" deals at the end. I've purchased a fair number of lots and individual issues just for resale. So my GUESS is that the high rollers and high grade only collectors have quit looking by the last day.

CL would what their traffic count is for each day. If the traffic count does drop for the last session - then sellers of these lesser/later lots are not getting as many people looking as they would if there stuff was with the higher grade/bigger books.

One final thought - CL may be doing this simply to try to make the auctions more managable. When I first started buying books at their auctions there were maybe 30-35 pages. Now they are over 80.

I was strongly considering making a run for that book, but as it turns out decided to go for Silver aged grails instead. Great book, and i would be very happy with a great presenting 6.5. Congrats

For discussion: either start a thread for it in the Golden aged section or in the restoration section would be the best IMHO.

I don't really collect GA - only own a couple of GA books. But this is a classic cover and presents very nicely for the grade - so I too thought about making a run on this book. Nice pick up.

I don't really collect GA - only own a couple of GA books. But this is a classic cover and presents very nicely for the grade - so I too thought about making a run on this book. Nice pick up.

Thanks guys...

Wanted a copy of this for awhile.

My only pick up so far - though I'll likely come away with more once session four - or bagain night - is over.

A childhood favorite here. If you've never read the comic it is full of all sorts of interesting and accurate information about the history of money. Things like Roman soldiers were once paid in part in salt. A poor soldier was said to "not be worth his salt". The modern day word "salary" is derived from the Latin "salarium" which roots in the paying of wages in salt.

And a gazillion other interesting facts about money as explained by Uncle Scrooge. Who would know more about money?

AND on top of a childhood favorite for next to nothing I now have my first CVA sticker. Wowser! :jokealert:

UncleScroogeandMoney_zps43aa1f91.jpg

My only pick up so far - though I'll likely come away with more once session four - or bagain night - is over.

A childhood favorite here. If you've never read the comic it is full of all sorts of interesting and accurate information about the history of money. Things like Roman soldiers were once paid in part in salt. A poor soldier was said to "not be worth his salt". The modern day word "salary" is derived from the Latin "salarium" which roots in the paying of wages in salt.

And a gazillion other interesting facts about money as explained by Uncle Scrooge. Who would know more about money?

AND on top of a childhood favorite for next to nothing I now have my first CVA sticker. Wowser! :jokealert:

Sooo......., you gonna crack it out to relive all this?

Sooo......., you gonna crack it out to relive all this?

I still have the (beat up) childhood copy.

Exactly.

Could very well be as I'm considering just that. One of the two books I really wanted I got out-bid on, and frankly, I wasn't surprised (though it still stings).

There's another copy in the "bargain" round that's a whole grade lower than the first copy and I'm seriously thinking about it.

Kinda bummed as I skipped over some really cool books to stay focused, and now that I lost the one book I see that all those non-focus books went for a song. :cry:

Thanks guys...

Very minor resto and nice pages. Cool book!

Thanks guys...

Very minor resto and nice pages. Cool book!

Sweet book!