• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jupiter's Children

526 posts in this topic

Just reread #1-3 once again. I like this series so much. The characters and writing are so rich. I wish it came out on a regular basis.

Are there other titles I should read by the same author? I enjoyed the Kick- movie, but didn't have a burning desire to check out the comics.

Just reread #1-3 once again. I like this series so much. The characters and writing are so rich. I wish it came out on a regular basis.

Are there other titles I should read by the same author? I enjoyed the Kick- movie, but didn't have a burning desire to check out the comics.

He has done a lot of fun stuff. My favorite was his work on the 2nd half of the Authority volume1. I think you can pick the whole run of #1-#29 for around $30 which is both cheap (brought around $150-$200 a set 10 years ago) and very similar to the tone of Jupiter's Legacy in good guys almost becoming bad for trying too hard to make the world a better place.

I like the first 5 issues of Wanted but the last issue was a little weak to me.

I'm reading Superior tonight so I'll update you on that tomorrow. Secret Service is great and the movie trailer looks like a hit too.

Oh yeah, Ultimate X-men was fun too.

Edited by The Authority

I don't believe Millar is holding up the process. Quitely was slow on The Authority to the point it, well, it was just like this after his first 6 or 7 issues. He was slow on AS Superman too. Love his art though so I'm willing to hang around and wait it out.

"Vin's taken ages on this. It's extra-sized, but he has just put so much work into it that it's taken longer and he'll probably be around another month. I sent the first 80% of it out lettered to friends last night. The mods have all drooled. It's maybe his best work ever.

Apologies for the delays but nothing I can do. This wraps up volume one and the second volume will be out next year. In the meantime though there's plenty of Millarworld books to keep you tickled. Try MPH and Starlight now Kick- is complete"

There's no way it'll be September. Vin in the home stretch but he's drawing a page a week at the mo, 12 hour days in his studio but very, very slow. I think we'll be off to press next month and out 3 weeks later.

On the plus side, we're giving him a nice big gap between volumes 1 and 2

Mark Millar Sep 2, 2014