• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

I wonder if it will be more of a reversion rather than a reboot. I forget the characters name, but there was a girl dressed in pink that appeared in every number one issue of the 52 reboot books. She was basically hidden in a panel of each book, basically the DC version of where's Waldo for the month.

That woman is Pandora

I know she had a series that lasted for about 18 issues after that. The theory at the time was she was present to give DC an out if the new 52 had failed, are they about to use her?

Hope so; thought she was a very interesting character... :wishluck:

Thanks the name just escaped me, and I have the stupid issues somewhere. I know she was the only one who remembered the "original" DC universe. Plus, DC has already started moving back to the old continuity when they reintroduced the multiverse (despite Convergence being cringworthy).

I think Flash remembered the old universe also

The teasers from Johns and Lee about DC "Rebirth" have the taglines

"It's not a reboot..."

"...and it never was."

To me this implies that the 52 wasn't a hard reboot, and somehow we're going to revert to the pre-52 DCU, and it will all be explained away as, I dunno, a bad dream?

Uh-oh. Are we going to find Bobby Ewing in the shower...?

dunno if you want to explain away the best Batman run in the last 20+ years...restarting the numbering from where they left off before the N52 would certainly be different...anyone can do a new string of number 1s.

I could see them doing a legacy numbering system for a bit. Say it is a new number 1 and under that number put the true numbering.

The teasers from Johns and Lee about DC "Rebirth" have the taglines

"It's not a reboot..."

"...and it never was."

To me this implies that the 52 wasn't a hard reboot, and somehow we're going to revert to the pre-52 DCU, and it will all be explained away as, I dunno, a bad dream?

Uh-oh. Are we going to find Bobby Ewing in the shower...?

bobby-in-the-shower.jpg

Dc should check the marvel relaunch stats... It is a complete failure. There numbers are lower than ever and they have turned away another crop of new fans.... Re-numbering and gimmicks do not hold fans interest they are sick of it.

batman at issues #48 still 100,000 copies... they reboot they will get the initial number one pop then drop like a rock. I mean are these guys really this bright... the longer a series goes it picks up fans and people that want the older issues and stories in the run... readers can figure out starting points. every-time I here that a reboot is to bring in new fans they FAIL TO SAY ...... WHAT ABOUT ALL OF THE OLD FANS THEY JUST LOST ! STOP !

It didn't sound like it was together though...

They will be working together though for DC once Capullo is done with his project with Millar. We just don't know what the project will be, Capullo and Snyder have said it will be something big. So maybe Wonder Woman, Superman or a trinity/justice league book? (shrug)

So according to their May solicitations Tynion will be writing Batman 52 and Tomasi Detective comics 52. I wonder if those are going to be the permanent writers or are they just filling in for a few issues?

I was really hoping Tom King would be taking over on Batman

So according to their May solicitations Tynion will be writing Batman 52 and Tomasi Detective comics 52. I wonder if those are going to be the permanent writers or are they just filling in for a few issues?

Thought Snyder was moving to Detective

Thought Snyder was moving to Detective

That was the rumor but Snyder never confirmed it. Who knows though maybe after issue 52 and rebirth he will be back on Detective :wishluck:

One thing I noticed in looking at the May solicitations is under the issue #52 titles it didn't say "final issue". Some seem to have specualted that issue #52 would be the last issue and that they would reboot with new #1's after that. If that was the case, and a true reboot was in order after #52 I would have throught too that it would say "Final Issue" under each description of those titles.

Perhaps DC has plans to keep the current series going with the same numbering but with new creative teams on the books as of #53 onward but then to introduce another batch of new series for Batman, Superman, etc starting with #1.

I am sure more official news is coming soon from DC rather than the random "rebirth" tweets.