• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

Yeah the most recent issue. The conveniently placed items to block out stuff reminded me of somthing like gen13 books of yore

Okay, that is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure. Although I am a huge fan of this Bloom storyline, it kinda feels like they are taking this story arc somewhat slow. (shrug)

hopefully not zero year slow, but yeah it could be a bit more upbeat.

It didn't help there was that issue recently that was not part of the main storyline at all, interrupting the arc. It was good, really good though it does make the pacing a bit off to the main story.

Anyone have luck finding any of the polybagged #47's without spine creases? :shrug:

I looked through about 75 books, feeling the spine on them and they all had multiple spine creases, mainly at the center. I couldn't find one decent copy... :sorry:

If I had to take a guess, I'd say they were damaged during the bagging process. Unless the lcs just got a bad batch.

Anyone have luck finding any of the polybagged #47's without spine creases? :shrug:

I looked through about 75 books, feeling the spine on them and they all had multiple spine creases, mainly at the center. I couldn't find one decent copy... :sorry:

If I had to take a guess, I'd say they were damaged during the bagging process. Unless the lcs just got a bad batch.

I stopped at one LCS last night. They had two copies still bagged. One was beat to hell. The other seems pretty good. I purchased it. It's in pretty decent shape. Has one NCB spine tick. Also it's the sketch/non color one.

I have one other issue on order so hoping to get a copy of the color version that isn't to beat up.

I noticed there were 2 "types" of baggings - one type was loose while the other appeared form fitting to the book. I grabbed the form fitting one as I thought I could see the book edges better. I lucked out and got 1 color in great shape and 1 B&W in great shape. Go for the tighter packaging...

I e-mailed Dan DiDio at DC about this problem and this was his response:

Thanks for the note and sorry for the condition of your books. I have forwarded your letter and photo to our sales department so they can address it with your store.

The problem is NOT with the store but the production process! ARRRGH!!

And I just read the March 2016 DC Solicitations on newsarama.com and see they're going to be doing the same exact thing except this time the variant covers will be done by Jim Lee.

*sigh*