• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2013 CONVENTION SEASON SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD!

2,497 posts in this topic

So my one day at Heroes was a complete success. I wasn't even sure if could make it, but I was able to.

First let me thank the following people:

par2ch

Darrell F

wolverinehurdler

Mr. Mylar

dscott

Phillip (Darrell's friend)

Sajad Shah

Beerthirty (it was finally great to meet and work things out) and the entire CGC crew, you guys were amazing.

I will show off the rest of the sketches.

Here are some more highlights from the show

This show had many ups and downs for me. Several artists were unable to complete sketches, a couple went on the wrong covers and one artist really let me down.

Overall I really have to share my thanks and appreciation to a "new" yellow fever addict Philip (JDUB's Brother in law) and DarrellF for being my CAWs and hustling thier butts off all weekend.

1st full painted commission by Skottie Young on a blank

20130609_173545_zpsa40fad82.jpg

Cockrum Sketch

Paty Cockrum (Dave's Widow who made it clear that her name is NOT prononced PATTY but Paty like Katy with a P, who was the colorist on the Nightcrawler series Dave did)

20130609_173702_zps9cdc3cba.jpg

Painted Acrylic covers by Scott Hampton

20130609_173818_zpsbdf7c227.jpg

20130609_174205_zpsd2dcc216.jpg

Jeremy Treece (keep an eye out for an opp with this guy)

20130609_174425_zpsf431f132.jpg

20130609_175600_zpsfa76ff01.jpg

Nice stuff from Heroes Con guys. I went today and I think I learned my lesson with going on the last day of the con. Most of the artists were not sketching today or were already gone. Phil Noto was one who I really wanted to get but he too was not sketching today.

I did get a few sketches done though. I was a dummy and forgot to get photos of them to show here. I got a zombie Wolverine bust shot from Arthur Suydam on a Wolverine 1 blank. I also had Bob McLeod do a GI Joe Baroness sketch for me on a Marvel Project blank. That one turned out great. I will post pictures when I get them back from CGC.

Take care guys :cool:

Here are some more highlights from the show

This show had many ups and downs for me. Several artists were unable to complete sketches, a couple went on the wrong covers and one artist really let me down.

Overall I really have to share my thanks and appreciation to a "new" yellow fever addict Philip (JDUB's Brother in law) and DarrellF for being my CAWs and hustling thier butts off all weekend.

Yeah I think we hooked another person. Philip made an account on the boards years ago but never posted. I need to get him into it more I guess. He gave Adonis someone to talk about cop things with as well.

Craig Rousseau with color by Jeff Balke

d46cf85a-01d1-4393-87eb-96cff20e9243_zpsbb1b3170.jpg

Batman by Tom Lyle

b9a79d0c-a1ce-4684-91ac-4208d03ed11b_zps50edfd2c.jpg

Batman by John Hairston Jr. (currently doing a sketch op with him)

d254b83c-cc2f-477b-a19d-839d680c3720_zpsf5a91359.jpg

Batman by Rick Burchett (probably the deal of the show)

e0550308-7b97-41c6-9127-e5915ccacb72_zps06e804a6.jpg

Black Lantern Batman by Ethan van Sciver

f86dd628-57e2-48c1-9bc0-30f0db62d263_zpsdce78a31.jpg

and finally

Batman by Skottie Young

7c5e1045-5b56-4ef3-9715-fe6bdb117130_zps781dfe8e.jpg

Happy to get them done for you guys. There are about another 50 that were picked up, I am sure most of them will be shown off tomorrow when normal people are awake lol . That Deadpool kills me in that sweater.

Heroes was great, busy as heck but great. Awesome to catch up with everyone.

Jeter

Maddux

Chris

Balent

Adonis

Dan

and I am sure a couple other guys I am leaving out. It was more a get sketches done for boardies show for me this year. I snagged a few items of OA, I set up 3 Brooks sketch covers that will be ready for pick up at SDCC 1 for myself and 2 for other boardies on here. I also was able to pick this up.

Laura Martin Drawn and Colored by her.

null_zps7b1bbec8.jpg

Laura Martin Drawn and Colored by her.

null_zps7b1bbec8.jpg

Wow, gorgeous. Congrats on this one, Doug :applause:

I wish I would of hanged around longer, it would of been a bidding war between the two of us. lol