• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze Horror??? How about the Horrors of 70s Sci-Fi

88 posts in this topic

I'm pleased that greggy was willing to spend some time uploading these pictures. Pics beat gremlins any day. cloud9.gif Enjoyed seeing all the books.

I assume that these are your copies? Are any of the stories new or are thay all reprints. I'd have to guess that some are new, especially the Nixon cover.

I'm pleased that greggy was willing to spend some time uploading these pictures. Pics beat gremlins any day. cloud9.gif Enjoyed seeing all the books.

I assume that these are your copies? Are any of the stories new or are thay all reprints. I'd have to guess that some are new, especially the Nixon cover.

They are all reprints. They updated the one with the Nixon cover. I forgot the book that the story originated from but I did see it in the past.

"They are all reprints. They updated the one with the Nixon cover. I forgot the book that the story originated from but I did see it in the past."

That's right, it was one of those Mystery in Space(I think) with Eisenhower on the cover.

Which reminds me of the late volume Mystery in Space comics. I think they were in the bronze age. They had some Starlin art in them and interesting stories that were new.

Greggy - -did you just scan them for this thread? or do you have most of your books alreday scanned. I find it too tedious to bother....

Also, how many of you can tell me where this last image (BTU 24) 's cover was swiped from???

150 bonus credits to the first answer......

It was scanned previously.

Interesting train of thought -- so how many of your comics do you have scanned at the moment?????

Greggy - -did you just scan them for this thread? or do you have most of your books alreday scanned. I find it too tedious to bother....

Also, how many of you can tell me where this last image (BTU 24) 's cover was swiped from???

150 bonus credits to the first answer......

It was scanned previously.

Interesting train of thought -- so how many of your comics do you have scanned at the moment?????

Probably a few hundred comics. They were scanned for previous threads in the past or when I bought it and wanted to show it in the Have a Cigar thread.

Love the Scans there, Greggy!

It's nice to see such beautiful DC's, what with so many being caught up only with Marvel's,...not that there's anything wrong with that. High grade DC's are the way to go right now; under appreciated, over looked & very affordable!

One thing you just can't help but notice, the "put a Gorilla on the cover, that always sells the book" J. Schwartz approach. At least 3-4 of this very run had Gorillas on the cover. thumbsup2.gif

Yep!

Not to mention: Strange Adventures # 186 with the classic "Gorilla Witch" Cover!

893applaud-thumb.gif This one's for you, Greggy!

sa186.jpg

It doesn't get much better than this! Go-go checks too!

Was the movie that good that it warranted a comic?

Jenny Agutter in a wet t-shirt cloud9.gif

Yeah, I thought she was quite a cutie back then too. She was a teenager's wet dream 893whatthe.gif running around in her little skirt thing.

I'm even a fan of the Spidey/Killraven cross-over in MTU.

I think I read them when they came out, but I don't remember how the two were able to get together and have a teamup. Looks like some more books I need to put on my want list.

..and let's not forget...

DrunkenMonkey1.jpg

Did anyone actually pay 2.99 for that!? 893whatthe.gif