• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage 2013 February 21-23 Vintage Comics & Comic Art Auction

274 posts in this topic

If you want a prehero cover your options are few. If you are happy with a splash instead well the good ones are all kirby so you can't really get a cheap one there either. A vintage splash that doesn't suck is going to be five figures.

As the winner of the Don Heck robot story from TOS 9, I beg to differ!

If you want a prehero cover your options are few. If you are happy with a splash instead well the good ones are all kirby so you can't really get a cheap one there either. A vintage splash that doesn't suck is going to be five figures.

That's a great pick up congratulations!

Point taken

If the guy who nabbed the ARMAGEDDON 2001 piece by Dan Jurgens

is on the boards, please PM me (even if not interested in moving it,

just so I'd know where it is and so I could express my interest).

Or e-mail directly if you wish:

galschwart@gmail.com

Thanks,

Gal

Point taken

:headbang:

Okay, got my second piece now. I just won the Jeff Purves/Marie Severin Hulk page. I loved this run and the guy never gets any credit; he followed McFarlane and that was tough.

w00t w00t!

Okay, got my second piece now. I just won the Jeff Purves/Marie Severin Hulk page. I loved this run and the guy never gets any credit; he followed McFarlane and that was tough.

w00t w00t!

That's a nice one,I thought about going after it. Congratulations

w00t w00t!

That's a nice one,I thought about going after it. Congratulations

Thanks. There was a splash for sale on comic art source for a while and just when I wanted to buy it, same old same old, it was gone. So I was pleased to see this for auction.

well clink does it by title, so there would actually be some comparison points to draw from...

To answer this from awhile back... ComicLink does previews by title and then runs the final auciton by artist... so there isn't a good way these days to see if artists at the end of the alphabet would do better if the auction houses mixed it up a bit. Just eBay!

I didn't bid on many items...my few targets went to other buyers but to salvage some funI always flip through the results and thought there were some surprisingly strong sales:

1. Bolland Camelot 3000 - I really like this series but didn't seem to interest collectors as much as I thoght it should

2. Rogers / Austin - This was 1st Rogers/Austin Detective page at Heritage - It did very well given no Batman in costume..also the splashier page from the more recent Dark Detective series did over $2k

3. Starlin - The Dreadstar page...another series that hasn't seemed to garner much activity from collectors but the page today was highest I have seen

4. Jones, Jeffrey - A popular artist of course but his stuff always seems to do better than I expect at Heritage than in other venues...If I sell Jones, I'd consider Heritage seriously

What surprised you?

Bit late to respond but I was watching this with interest. I was beginning to think I overpaid for the Marvels Gwen Stacy study I bought last year when the bidding died early on in the auction. The final hammer price left me feeling a lot better.

What surprised you?

High prices that shocked me:

Alex Ross Wizard cover $68.7K

Bernard Bailey Weird Mysteries cover $33.4K

Low prices that shocked me:

Jack Kirby Jimmy Olsen cover $22.7K

Nick Cardy Action cover $3.3K

Nick Cardy Jimmy Olsen cover $2.9K