• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage 2013 February 21-23 Vintage Comics & Comic Art Auction

274 posts in this topic

I am very excited about this auction. I have two pieces I want to get, but may go for a larger piece if everything falls right. I called heritage today and made plans to attend the floor sessions - I wanna see those Watchmen covers!

I'm following 2 in this auction!!

Im following about 30 and bidding on 10. I hope to win 1. :wishluck:

Better odds than me :). If I go for a last second bid and there s a glitch in the system I leave the auction empty handed (which has happened once)....oh wait there s another auction in a few months!

I have really been pumping up one of these items in my mind. I was loving that Blueberry page but now see the next bid puts it at just under $10k after buyer's premium, so that is now out of the running. I guess I was dreaming. Any guess on what these other dreams may fetch?

Frank Miller Sin City Family Values Miho pin-up?

BWS Rune / Silver Surfer cover? - I missed this from Burkey back in the day, by just a few days from what i gather. How high will it go now?

That Matt Wagner Grendel cover painting is still cheap, as is the JHW3 Superman cover. Will they stay under $1K?

I may try for a Hal Foster panel, but that may be dreaming as well.

See you there on the 22nd!

I just put together my list of "Really want items" and between Heritage, CLINK, and ComicConnect I have 15 pieces. Some I know won't happen but I really hope to nab at least one item. I am amazed at the amount of material available and the diversity of it from great strip (Krazy Kat, Dennis the Menace, Peanuts, etc), classic cover (Spidey 121), etc. it seems like there is something for everyone.

I cannot even think about clink at this point. Those Black kiss covers, and great Robbins Falcon page, and so much more I like. There is not enough money to go around. Maybe after the auctions start I will give them more attention, but until the heritage stuff is out of my reach...

Man! That Winsor McKay political art is already at $500 after the vig. It is a great illustration with a strong Nemo feel that I was eyeing. But not much higher for me. My time will come.

Man! That Winsor McKay political art is already at $500 after the vig. It is a great illustration with a strong Nemo feel that I was eyeing. But not much higher for me. My time will come.

Seems like the other McKay political cartoons that Heritage has offered have sold for at least a couple of grand - any reason why you thought this one was expensive at less than a quarter of the price? (shrug)

Seems like the other McKay political cartoons that Heritage has offered have sold for at least a couple of grand - any reason why you thought this one was expensive at less than a quarter of the price? (shrug)

no. not really. Expensive for me, for this. It is a beautiful piece for a political cartoon.