• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage 2013 February 21-23 Vintage Comics & Comic Art Auction

274 posts in this topic

$2900 for a Camelot 3000 page....healthy

$47,800 for the Killing Joke page...very healthy, a public auction record, and it's a Batman page

Or as the auctioneer called it "Batman Killing Joker Page" lol

I guess she's not familiar with the material.

$47,800 for the Killing Joke page...very healthy, a public auction record, and it's a Batman page

That's a healthy price for a public auction record but right around where it should have gone if it was sold privately. Considering the consignor gets 40K, they still made out OK though.

That's a healthy price for a public auction record but right around where it should have gone if it was sold privately. Considering the consignor gets 40K, they still made out OK though.

This is close to Batman/Joker all out battle money. Those are the pinnacle of this book, obviously.

I don't know if anyone was predicting an all Batman page would get up that high.

It's between 10% and 15% higher than most in the market would have pegged a Batman page, even one as spectacular as this one.

This is close to Batman/Joker all out battle money. Those are the pinnacle of this book, obviously.

I don't know if anyone was predicting an all Batman page would get up that high.

It's between 10% and 15% higher than most in the market would have pegged a Batman page, even one as spectacular as this one.

Depends if you look at it as what the consignor put in his pocket or what it hammered at. And also, we know the enormous hoops one must go through to get a Batman/Joker battle page around that amount versus just being able to bid on Heritage, and there's certainly an emotional cost put in there as well. Obviously given the choice, a buyer would much rather simply bid on Heritage. But yes, if you look at the hammer price, it's very healthy, but if you look at what they pocketed, it's right where you would expect.

I would also add that this page didn't "need" to be auctioned. I'm sure the consignor could have contacted a few people and sold it privately. But pages like this are always fun to see in a public auction to sort of validate what goes on privately.

Boy I think that reserve really hurt the Miller DD cover. It was bid up to just under the reserve (before they posted the reserves). If I was the consignor I would have had Heritage remove the reserve once I saw how close the bidding was. Bummer. It's a nice cover.

Depends if you look at it as what the consignor put in his pocket or what it hammered at. And also, we know the enormous hoops one must go through to get a Batman/Joker battle page around that amount versus just being able to bid on Heritage, and there's certainly an emotional cost put in there as well. Obviously given the choice, a buyer would much rather simply bid on Heritage. But yes, if you look at the hammer price, it's very healthy, but if you look at what they pocketed, it's right where you would expect.

I would also add that this page didn't "need" to be auctioned. I'm sure the consignor could have contacted a few people and sold it privately. But pages like this are always fun to see in a public auction to sort of validate what goes on privately.

That's true, if you had to wrestle this away from an owner who didn't want to sell you'd have to throw $50k at him, easy.

Auctioneer rushed through that ASM 121 lot as if it were a $500 lot.

Give the bidders a chance to ruminate a bit.

'

The truth is that KJ pages were ready for a correction. Watchmen, DK had already gone up and there hadn't been a public KJ auction in a while. Privately, the Bats/Joker pages were hitting 70K+ so 50K is what I predicted for this one.

Agree, right where it should be.

Boy I think that reserve really hurt the Miller DD cover. It was bid up to just under the reserve (before they posted the reserves). If I was the consignor I would have had Heritage remove the reserve once I saw how close the bidding was. Bummer. It's a nice cover.

Was it really bid to just under the reserve? For reserve price items, HA would move it to 1 bid below the reserve. I don't think there was a bidder there.

Malvin

Was it really bid to just under the reserve? For reserve price items, HA would move it to 1 bid below the reserve. I don't think there was a bidder there.

Malvin

I was watching it closely. All bids were motoring along as usual and then with a week or so to go the reserves kicked in and the prices were there with an asterix denoting the reserve wasn't met. Some pieces jumped up to double what they were at before the reserve. That one jumped up $2,000 at most.