• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here collect Bronze Age art???

268 posts in this topic

Too bad the price is so high. $300?

What do you think a fair price would be? It's a pretty cool piece, though I haven't heard of the artist...

Well, in OA it's hard to say what's "fair" - it is all about who wants it. I would think a title splash from a later HOM would realistically be around $200 (I'd pay $100-150 for it). Most story pages from books like these are pretty cheap. The Wrightson style and it being a nice stand-alone title splash are what make it so desirable and maybe above that estimate.

But considering I have gotten some of my bronze horror covers for $300, I would have to say I personally would consider it over-priced. Then again, I haven't won anything in a while for my "buy" price. Anyone else care to hazard a guesstimate?

Too bad the price is so high. $300?

What do you think a fair price would be? It's a pretty cool piece, though I haven't heard of the artist...

Well, in OA it's hard to say what's "fair" - it is all about who wants it. I would think a title splash from a later HOM would realistically be around $200 (I'd pay $100-150 for it). Most story pages from books like these are pretty cheap. The Wrightson style and it being a nice stand-alone title splash are what make it so desirable and maybe above that estimate.

But considering I have gotten some of my bronze horror covers for $300, I would have to say I personally would consider it over-priced. Then again, I haven't won anything in a while for my "buy" price. Anyone else care to hazard a guesstimate?

i'd go 150-200$ for that, no more though (for me)

The splash is by Ron Randall, who did Warlord and Swamp Thing at DC. He's a Joe Kubert School graduate who was/is buddies with fellow grads Steve Bissette, John Totleben and Rick Veitch. He did a lot of other stuff, mostly for DC. I love Randall's art, but this is priced a little high.

And on the subject of buying comic art for cheap ... I bought 13 covers THIS YEAR — including 12 super-hero covers from the 1980s and a DC western cover from the late 1970s — for $200 each.