• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here collect Bronze Age art???

268 posts in this topic

this is my favorite piece of art in my collection...

darkmansion12cover7wu.jpg

Very cool. I don't have any horror covers, but they sure are nice.

I like pirates, treasure, and horror covers so this one is very cool to me. thumbsup2.gif

this is my favorite piece of art in my collection...

darkmansion12cover7wu.jpg

Very cool. I don't have any horror covers, but they sure are nice.

i missed you in ny, i had a booth/tables at the show last weekend where i met dam60 and darwin...anyway, i was hoping to show you some artwork!

these horror/mystery covers and art really appeal to me, especially art by cardy, i can now spot his work instantly.. the big artists' original artwork is rarely available for viewing. sure, someday i hope to find some wrightson/kaluta/and that hack adams for my collection....anyway, these horror covers intrigue me as my imagination goes wild thinking of and remembering ghosts or pirate or 'army' adventures as a kid. this nostalgia has kicked in for horror/mystery/weird comics and artwork, interesting that i don't have this feeling for superheroes 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ... and whenever i go to the caribbean or keys, i always search for sunken ships/treasure...i give myself chills as i recall some of these picture is worth a thousand words images...

thumbsup2.gif

norrin rad : might you post all the cool auction art, like, after the auctions end as increased exposure likely does not keep interest down (i bid on lots of those!) yeahok.gif27_laughing.gif

norrin rad : might you post all the cool auction art, like, after the auctions end as increased exposure likely does not keep interest down (i bid on lots of those!) yeahok.gif27_laughing.gif

Point taken. thumbsup2.gif Hate when something I'm interested in gets mentioned on the boards.

great thread, I collect mainly 1970's early 80's Marvel art. Especially Perez, Miller, Zeck, Byrne (same guys as everybody else it seems) Prices are nuts but every so often something nice slips under the radar and I can grab it.

those are indeed big time artists!

prices are nutz i guess, but then they are quite sought after so...

this ended on ebay last night, what does anyone think?

Did the winning bidder get a good deal???

kane7mk.jpg

6K for Blade Runner #1 thats screwy.gif and it didnt sell foreheadslap.gif man I woulda taken that and run to the bank. Its a crappy cover, it has no comic significance, the comic is worth like $1.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif maybe the good Dr. Naidu can explain this one, does Williamson have that big a following confused.gif

Actually Norin you are correct I should have been looking through the looking glass the other way. IF this is seen as movie memrobilia cross over apeeal stuff a la Star Wars then I can see it a bit more. Blade Runner is a great film.

hi.gif Nice Thread Norinn Radd thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

smile.gif I just won my first ever original art on ebay yesterday so I am a real greenhorn on art, and was looking for some opinions on it like did I get a good deal grin.gif, did ok smile.gif, or paid way to much frown.gif?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Also wondering about something else, the tital and some of the other stuff like the Marvel Comics Group logo and the little Kid Colt in the top left corner all seem to be on much whiter paper than the rest of the art is this normal is the parts with the whiter paper original or reproductions someone added to it later confused-smiley-013.gif I really appreciate any of you art guys advise on this.

Kid Colt #218 cover