• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here collect Bronze Age art???

268 posts in this topic

very nice mr.b...love the MK cover...

many pieces look fantastic framed, i sometimes like to have the published color page and cover along with the black and white original when i have a piece framed...

i have gotten very few framed b/c it cost around 2-300$ !!!

i always rationalize to myself about what artworks i might acquire

in that price range instead of having the framing done !!!

were the sienkewickz pages dirt cheap at some point? after the first series died and the second one died too, it always seemed like those books weren't appreciated much. the comics are in 50 cent and dollar bins all over. i guess that doesn't mean some people didn't like the art.

very nice mr.b...love the MK cover...

many pieces look fantastic framed, i sometimes like to have the published color page and cover along with the black and white original when i have a piece framed...

i have gotten very few framed b/c it cost around 2-300$ !!!

i always rationalize to myself about what artworks i might acquire

in that price range instead of having the framing done !!!

In NY/NJ I would not frame much stuff because it was soooo expensive, but here in Sarasota, I have a guy here who only charges $40 for the framing as long as I use the same black frame and black (archivaly safe) mat. The graders and I get everything framed for that price! headbang.gif

norinn--

what do you do for a living?

nice pages. better than nice.

that sandman cover alone must have cost as much as a decent used car!

ah well, my chance to own stuff like this died a few years ago when i was single and had money.

now, if i get a kirby page, it's the cheapest one out there.

not much in the way of bargains ending today.

stuff seems more spensive than 2 months ago.

there were some liefield pages that looked like they were going to wrap up at around $10. i passed.

i haven't seen much in the past few weeks...that is cool though, i can save up for

a cool cover...and i have found some private sellers thanks to these boards...

liefeld? $10? haha...there are some die hard liefeld fans out there thought that

would likely jack up those prices...haha...

don't know where they ended, but they were at like $6-10 with 5 minutes to go.

pretty terrible boring pages though.

personally, for new pages that don't have text bubbles to appeal to me they need to be fantastic, no matter who the artist is

i can't stand to pay a 20% buyers fee, and have read bad bad things about heritage, so i stay away...however...that 'Our Army At War #198 Cover ' is fantastic...it's so much fun seeing things for the first time...and another example of me prefering the b/w art to the color...

i can't stand to pay a 20% buyers fee, and have read bad bad things about heritage, so i stay away...however...that 'Our Army At War #198 Cover ' is fantastic...it's so much fun seeing things for the first time...and another example of me prefering the b/w art to the color...

I always hear this and shake my head, I just don't get it confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

NOTHIING TO DO WITH HERITAGE, but what do you care if there is a buyers fee?

Work it into the amount you WANT to pay at any auction house. If the is a 10% fee and you want to pay about $100 bid $90. It's very simple. If you get out bid, it has NOTHING to do with the buyers fee, it's just someone was willing to pay more than you.

Comic sellers/dealers charge whatever they want. I have known some that charge a huge % over what they paid for a certain item, you just don't know it because you do not know what they paid.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not saying that sellers/dealers gouge people, hell, some are so cool they sometimes even flip books to their best customers for cost, I am just trying to prove a point about "buyers fees"