• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here collect Bronze Age art???

268 posts in this topic

Have you gotten any new pieces lately, Steve? I look forward to seeing you at WC! Maybe we can take a few minutes to glance at some pages together as we did last year. I probably won't be buying any art at the con, though. I have my eye on some bigish books that will probably consume most of my budget.

Let's make sure we "take ten" just to look at art on Friday or Saturday! I am looking forward to seeing you and the "gang".

I just picked up some pieces, but the only Bronze-ish piece was a Huntress splash (Bondage! blush.gif) from a backup story in a Wonder Woman comic (forgot the issue #, it's at the frame shop).

Thanks to Litch, I also picked up the cover to Transmetropolitain # 34 by Darick Robertson cloud9.gif, the cover to Ghost Rider 2099 # 16 by Ashley Wood headbang.gif and a Spider-Girl splash (with the female Green Goblin) by Ron Frenz yay.gif. I will try to post them in the original art thread in comics general later.........

heritage is just like any other auction house with respect to the buyer's premium. as stated, factor it into your price. it's very simple. it's the seller that gets hit by the premium, not the calculating buyer.

they do have rent, employees, catalogues to print, advertising, etc. to pay for.

i've never bought anything on one of those auctions (yes, the premium usually makes everything seem to expensive), but i've been happy with the stuff i've bought directly from heritage, which I guess they're liquidating or whatever.

i can't stand to pay a 20% buyers fee, and have read bad bad things about heritage, so i stay away...however...that 'Our Army At War #198 Cover ' is fantastic...it's so much fun seeing things for the first time...and another example of me prefering the b/w art to the color...

I always hear this and shake my head, I just don't get it confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

NOTHIING TO DO WITH HERITAGE, but what do you care if there is a buyers fee?

Work it into the amount you WANT to pay at any auction house. If the is a 10% fee and you want to pay about $100 bid $90. It's very simple. If you get out bid, it has NOTHING to do with the buyers fee, it's just someone was willing to pay more than you.

Comic sellers/dealers charge whatever they want. I have known some that charge a huge % over what they paid for a certain item, you just don't know it because you do not know what they paid.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not saying that sellers/dealers gouge people, hell, some are so cool they sometimes even flip books to their best customers for cost, I am just trying to prove a point about "buyers fees"

i see, but i still need to read it again a few times to let the concepts sink in.

thank you for explaining to me what my simple mind could not comprehend.

some of you guys need to remember that not everyone is intelligent

as you may be, please be patient.

folks like me thank you for the assistance here and hopefully in the future as well.

i now love buyer's fees and wish they cost us more. poke2.gif

I recently bought a huge lot of bronze art. This is the only one that had the book title and number clipped off although I'm pretty sure it's HOS and it's dated 1980.

Can anyone help me identify the issue? confused-smiley-013.gif

hom_p2_title_splash.jpg

I'm told that this is Bronze Age art, even though I posted it earlier in the Copper Age art thread. This is one of my all-time favorite Ghost Rider covers from my favorite Ghost Rider art team: Bob Budiansky and Dave Simons. This is their cover to No. 70 that I recently received. 732991-ghostrider70.jpg

732991-ghostrider70.jpg.c42afcd2c8e7e6df780e8a764cf12102.jpg

Here's another cover I received recently. It's the Rich Buckler/Jack Abel cover art to Super Team Family 9 with the Challengers of the Unknown battling a fire creature I believed, at the time (hey, I was a small child) was the Human Torch. Thanks to Jim Cardillo for him selling me this cover art.

Mike Browning 744802-bucklersuperteamfamily9.jpg

744802-bucklersuperteamfamily9.jpg.aed6efca5e0ff1de24f88b98f6c0962f.jpg

I've been a bit remiss in posting in my thread here. So for my 2000th post! acclaim.gif

Here's some recent BA original art sales.

Well, I've been remiss yet again in updating my very first thread. So for my 3000th post, here are some nice BA pieces currently up for sale on eBay.

House of Mystery #218 cover

2d_12_sb.JPG

Daredevil #180 pg 7

miller180.jpg

Iron Man #22 pg 15

tusk.jpg

Madam Web

madamweb.jpg

Warlord 23 double splash

warlord23dps.jpg

Star Wars Weekly #54 cover

b8_3.JPG

And last, but not least, an AWESOME Bruce Timm SS piece

bt4.jpg

i was interested in the HoM#218, as you can see by the bidder list...

some cool stuff!!!

all of this art seems underappreciated...

anyone out there with some goodies that have not seen the light of day in years???

i know it is a pain to scan etc. but i wanna see some more horror/mystery covers!!!!!!!!

recently acquired:

ghosts22cover5ry.jpg

not too shabby imho!!!