• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here collect Bronze Age art???

268 posts in this topic

hi.gif Nice Thread Norinn Radd thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

smile.gif I just won my first ever original art on ebay yesterday so I am a real greenhorn on art, and was looking for some opinions on it like did I get a good deal grin.gif, did ok smile.gif, or paid way to much frown.gif?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Also wondering about something else, the tital and some of the other stuff like the Marvel Comics Group logo and the little Kid Colt in the top left corner all seem to be on much whiter paper than the rest of the art is this normal is the parts with the whiter paper original or reproductions someone added to it later confused-smiley-013.gif I really appreciate any of you art guys advise on this.

Kid Colt #218 cover

Hey Cosmic!

Nice art pick up. $695 for a nice Gil Kane cover is a great deal, I think! thumbsup2.gif

The Kid Colt logo image and the MCG logo are what are called "Stats" (short for "photostats") of certain things that are always present on the cover, not original art-- basically photocopied or computer generated template parts of the cover. So usually the title of the comic and the price box and publisher logos, those are stats. The rest of the cover (the gunfighters in this case) are the original art by Gil Kane.

Sweet cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well, this is discouraging: I have only one piece of original artwork and my scan is corrupt. Christo_pull_hair.gif It's a photo copy from the original, if I can find my photo copy, I'll repost it then. But for now,......

fmiller.jpg

For anyone interested, it's from Hulk Annual # 11. Bought from Frank Miller himself around 1982 (Atlanta Fantasy Fair). He was nice enough to autograph as well (not visible in scan).

Anyone here think they can correct the scan,.....anyone, Bueller?

Thanks for the heads-up. thumbsup2.gif

Recent BA covers up for sale on eBay....

Tomb Of Dracula #55 $2075 RNM

MOKF #59 $900 RNM

Swamp Thing #16 $787 RNM

Kong #1 cover $5600 screwy.gif

Usagi Yojimbo #1 $2550

Chamber of Chills #25 $692

RBCC Yellow Claw cover $400 NS

All Star Western #11 $550 NS No Picture?! makepoint.gif

Oh, and I have to mention this GA page...

All Star #9 Starman page by Burnley $6601

Thanks for the heads-up. thumbsup2.gif

Recent BA covers up for sale on eBay....

Tomb Of Dracula #55 $2075 RNM

MOKF #59 $900 RNM

Swamp Thing #16 $787 RNM

Kong #1 cover $5600 screwy.gif

Usagi Yojimbo #1 $2550

Chamber of Chills #25 $692

RBCC Yellow Claw cover $400 NS

All Star Western #11 $550 NS No Picture?! makepoint.gif

Oh, and I have to mention this GA page...

All Star #9 Starman page by Burnley $6601

thumbsup2.gif

dang, i totally missed that cool Ghosts#69 cover...i am really liking that!!!!

artwork for ghosts is difficult to find on ebay b/c many ghost rider and other

auctions come up, and i haven't the patience to go through them all...

This is a great cover, he wants $2200 for it, I'm hoping to work out a deal 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This is something I simply do not understand. He's listed it at least twice, and both times the bidding hasn't gotten over $900. If he wants $2200 for it, say "thank you very much" and move along.

Gotta go with FD on this one. 20bids both times, with 500 views. I would say thats a nice cross section of what the market will bere in this case. I am by no means an OA expert, but my kind of rule of thumb is 1K range for BA covers of no significance in Artist of Cover.

Sure its a Gil Kane but this is not the character he's best known for drawing.

Just my 2 cents.

Gotta go with FD on this one. 20bids both times, with 500 views. I would say thats a nice cross section of what the market will bere in this case. I am by no means an OA expert, but my kind of rule of thumb is 1K range for BA covers of no significance in Artist of Cover.

Sure its a Gil Kane but this is not the character he's best known for drawing.

Just my 2 cents.

There's no way that Conrad will ever come down. I've been trying to get JUST ONE of his Swamp Thing covers from him, but he won't trade them to me, even though I've offered double what he's asking for on his site.

His art is priced way too high and he doesn't sell it. He isn't willing to come down on anything.