• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here collect Bronze Age art???

268 posts in this topic

That is a heck of a splash! Gene Colan to boot!

893whatthe.gif

I didn't realize that was a Gene Colan piece! Good eye there, POV!

Must be the Geritol ! 27_laughing.gif

yay.gif

"Good eye" my eye! I just noticed Gene's signature on the bottom of the piece! ::sigh:: cloud9.gif

My bad! I thought you were talking about the Tarantula scan. Thought it was odd to be a Gene Colan!

foreheadslap.gifsorry.gif

My bad! I thought you were talking about the Tarantula scan. Thought it was odd to be a Gene Colan!

My bad too - I did not realize Nor had posted both. What to do? Sue me? No! Sue Geritol! They got me setup to lose next week on the $64,000 Question! insane.gif

My bad too - I did not realize Nor had posted both. What to do? Sue me? No! Sue Geritol! They got me setup to lose next week on the $64,000 Question! insane.gif

Do they still do that?!? Why, hey, No they don't!

I'm calling my Lawyer right now! Oh, you are so going to get it! sumo.gif

No doubt about that being a great image but don't forget the only "original" section is the Spidey/Goblin image. The Parker/Osborne image and background are all recreated to fit the vellum image. If it were all original, you could probably triple that price.

No doubt about that being a great image but don't forget the only "original" section is the Spidey/Goblin image. The Parker/Osborne image and background are all recreated to fit the vellum image. If it were all original, you could probably triple that price.

It is a shame. sorry.gif

Yeah, its not worth wiping your rear with. poke2.gif

I wouldn't go that far. What's interesting is that the original background art exists as well but is not twice-up, rather standard bronze size art. They needed to shoot a stat of the spidey/goblin image and reduce the size to fit when it was originally published.