• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here collect Bronze Age art???

268 posts in this topic

bumpit.gif

The cover art to ASM Annual #15 is up for sale on eBay.

ASM Annual Cover

That puppy is going to go for some SERIOUS bucks. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've seen it up for sale atleast once before, but can't remember if it sold and for how much. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought the Grell Sable pencil cover was AWESOME! But it's already over $500! WTF! 893whatthe.gif Nobody buys Sable! Damn Grell is just too popular I guess.

sorry.gif

I believe the cover was up last year when ebay was having one of its free listing days if you place a BIN. That was a great day for original art since many collectors put up their prized items with ridiculous prices (i.e. ASM 300 cover for 50K, ASM 30 cover by Ditko for 30K). I think the cover was listed for around 15K and did not sell.

I believe the cover was up last year when ebay was having one of its free listing days if you place a BIN. That was a great day for original art since many collectors put up their prized items with ridiculous prices (i.e. ASM 300 cover for 50K, ASM 30 cover by Ditko for 30K). I think the cover was listed for around 15K and did not sell.

Thanks for the info. thumbsup2.gif I looked through my records. It was up for sale in July, 2003.

That was a great day for original art since many collectors put up their prized items with ridiculous prices (i.e. ASM 300 cover for 50K, ASM 30 cover by Ditko for 30K).

Did any of these BIN's get hit? Obviously the prices are insane, and normally there would be no takers, but how many Ditko ASM covers pop up? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just received my first piece of Bronze art in the mail today. yay.gif

I've been waiting for the right Buscema / Chan piece. I thought this one was perfect. cloud9.gif

I don't have a scanner bed big enough to get the whole thing in one picture. So i'll attach two. 660416-Conan75top.jpg

660416-Conan75top.jpg.879fcc26fac886e20b5fa13927d1aed5.jpg

And as soon as I get some other projects done around the house I'll be making the frame out of Quarter-Sawn white oak to hang in my office / guest room.

Nice piece, just be carefull you don't expose it to too much light. thumbsup2.gif

And as soon as I get some other projects done around the house I'll be making the frame out of Quarter-Sawn white oak to hang in my office / guest room.

Nice piece, just be carefull you don't expose it to too much light. thumbsup2.gif

I was thinking the same thing. smile.gif

Am I wrong that it would be ok with uv glass and archival matting? The only light that is in my office is on maybe 2 hours a day, and it is a north facing room so it gets no direct daylight. I have heard of other collections hanging on walls. Do you really think it is a bad idea?

Any help would be appreciated!

Am I wrong that it would be ok with uv glass and archival matting? The only light that is in my office is on maybe 2 hours a day, and it is a north facing room so it gets no direct daylight. I have heard of other collections hanging on walls. Do you really think it is a bad idea?

ANY exposure to light is bad for the art, so the safest course of action is to mimimise that exposure. Of course you want to display the work, which is great, but maybe you could consider putting the piece away when there is no-one in the room?

Here's what I do. Go down to the local print shop (Kinkos, etc.) and have them scan your piece. Then have them make an "actual" size copy of it on a heavy bond paper or board. You can frame that without fear of damaging the orignal.

Here's what I do. Go down to the local print shop (Kinkos, etc.) and have them scan your piece. Then have them make an "actual" size copy of it on a heavy bond paper or board. You can frame that without fear of damaging the orignal.

Good idea. I've done that on pieces I've sold, but I'm always hesitant to let the frat boy behind the counter handle the art. mad.gif

Has no one here ever been to a museum? Of course you can display your artwork. Use UV protection glass, archival framing materials and keep it out of direct sunlight and you'll be fine.

I mean, both Heartened and Metropolis display their comic art. If it's okay for them, it's okay for me smile.gif