• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are these board(s) for?

215 posts in this topic

The subject of this post is a bit of a rhetoric question. I 've always felt these board(s) were for the exchange of ideas about comic book collecting, sharing opinions about various publishers, creators, books, etc. and including the technical aspects of comic book preservation and more.

But what I don't get is, and I've seen this more than once, new person posts a question and the first response by a boardie is, e.g., "If you would have searched the boards you would found this questions have been discussed so many times! and the response is just awash with attitude or my other favorite is someone posts a technical question and the very first response is some asinine bulls**t. Clearly if the boardie is someone you know that is a different story but if they aren't, why respond like that right out of the box if you don't know them well? Is there a segment of the boardie population with really weak social skills, more so than in the general population?

Try the search function, Bozo.

It's clear, if you look anything like your avatar, you ain't laid naked with anyone in who knows how long!

zing

He's probably right - I'll have been married for 29 years in April...., :sorry:

:lol:

The subject of this post is a bit of a rhetoric question. I 've always felt these board(s) were for the exchange of ideas about comic book collecting, sharing opinions about various publishers, creators, books, etc. and including the technical aspects of comic book preservation and more.

But what I don't get is, and I've seen this more than once, new person posts a question and the first response by a boardie is, e.g., "If you would have searched the boards you would found this questions have been discussed so many times! and the response is just awash with attitude or my other favorite is someone posts a technical question and the very first response is some asinine bulls**t. Clearly if the boardie is someone you know that is a different story but if they aren't, why respond like that right out of the box if you don't know them well? Is there a segment of the boardie population with really weak social skills, more so than in the general population?

Try the search function, Bozo.

It's clear, if you look anything like your avatar, you ain't laid naked with anyone in who knows how long!

zing

He's probably right - I'll have been married for 29 years in April...., :sorry:

:lol:

:roflmao:

Again, I would like to point out the advantage of using the search function. There is always someone willing to properly utilize the search function on this board for you so long as you can take the comments that come along with it.

Again, I would like to point out the advantage of using the search function. There is always someone willing to properly utilize the search function on this board for you so long as you can take the comments that come along with it.

How to use the search function.

link

link

You might be able to use the search function to find a place to put your banana.

link

You might be able to use the search function to find a place to put your banana.

IBTL

link

IBTL

Did your search lead you to a happy ending?

link

IBTL

Did your search lead you to a happy ending?

No

[font:Book Antiqua]These boards are a good place to Talk about comic books

and everything related to them (Movies, Games, Collectables, etc).

They have enough Sub-forums to fit almost any category.

Like any chat board in Internet is fill with all kind of people:

smarts, 1diots, jokers, trolls, contributors, nerds...

If you don’t got a good experience so far

don’t get disappointed and keep trying and posting,

ask any question that you want, use the ignore button,

enjoy the forums (Don’t take them to seriously) and have a good time...

It’s worthy...[/font]

(thumbs u