• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Bowl: Guess the total score and win!

224 posts in this topic

WTF does the Yo-Yo have to do with the Super?

1) Yo! Well, it seems like, well yo, you should be able to figure that out. Yo?

2) WTF does Boolean Logic have to do with the Super?

3) WTF do a third of the posts in any given topic have to do with that topic?

Come ON! Yo!

Question for Bugaboo,

(1) Could the winner have correctly picked the number of points but chosen both of the wrong teams?

For example: Patriots 48, Bears 21

According to the way you are interpreting the rules, the answer to this question would be yes. That is, one only needs to pick the winning score...picking the correct team is only necessary to determine a tie-breaker, right?

I hope you see the folly of your logic.

No....because Ricky needed correct information given that could actually happen in case of a tie. According to your line of person_too_unaware_of_social_graces reasoning.....Ricky didn't say the contest was for this years game either......so he doesn't have to give the damn prize out to anybody if people (like you) are going to be holes about it.

No....because Ricky needed correct information given that could actually happen in case of a tie.

Exactly. But if there were no "tie" then this would not be essential information and the person who picked both of the teams incorrectly could still be the winner, right?

So then tell me genious.....who's the winner since Ricky didn't say which Superbowl the contest was for? My point being......you have to assume contestents are going to be able to use a little bit of logic when participating......but this concept is obviously lost on you.

So tell me genious.....who's the winner since Ricky didn't say which Superbowl the contest was for?

Again, this is exactly my point. One could have chosen teams from ANY Superbowl and as long as they were the only person who picked the correct number of points, they would have won.

Again, this is exactly my point. One could have chosen teams from ANY Superbowl and as long as they were the only person who picked the correct number of points, they would have won.

Won when Einstein?......who even said the contest was for this years superbowl?

Come on Sherlock........you're wanting to be super literal in your interpretation of everything.........and you used your great logic to tell us who the winner should have been earlier in this thread. Nobody said the contest was for this years game......so how did you arrive at your conclusion for a winner???.......huh?......how?.......huh?......tell us......how?.....huh?.......how?

How did you determine a winner when there was no indication that the contest was for this years superbowl?

Again, you are only proving my point. Without applying proper reasoning skills, it is impossible for one to know. If one carefully considers the construct of the first three sentences, however, it is obvious that he or she must pick the number of points AND the winning team for your question to be answered.

Again, you are only proving my point.

No.....you're proving my point....because you can't answer the question.

If one carefully considers the construct of the first three sentences, however, it is obvious that he or she must pick the number of points AND the winning team for your question to be answered.

No.....after carefully considering the construct of the first three sentences, it is obvious that he or she does NOT need to pick the number of points AND the winning team (unless there is a tie as clearly stated). You can keep saying that it does. But that doesn't make it true and nobody else so far has agreed with you.