• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

It's also pretty safe to assume you didn't buy #0 (shrug)

Why the hate for this book pal - you have been krapping on it since day one.

Story?

Art?

A lot of peeps here seem to like it, so I would love to hear an alternative view as to why it is going to fail.

Over to you! (thumbs u

Maybe people would have liked it more if there was a Phantom Variant. lol

I've got UBER #1 arriving on Friday and I can't wait! #0 was very cool. I buy a lot of the Avatar stuff and I usually buy the wrap covers. No major reason, I just dig 'em.

Me too. Seems like twice as much cover.

Story?

Art?

A lot of peeps here seem to like it, so I would love to hear an alternative view as to why it is going to fail.

Over to you! (thumbs u

Nah not krapping on the book at all Andy. Just pointing out that Avatar owns Bleeding Cool and that any glowing reviews or movie rumours have to be taken with a grain of salt. That's kind of obvious I would have thought.

It seems the regular uber 0 is selling more frequently than any other variants including the sketch. Is that a normal sales cycle for those who have been around this block before?

I can imagine most folks would get the regular cover first and if they liked it and wants to collect the series, then it is on to other variants.

Blitzkreig was a 1:10

The rest were equal.

10,849 is a nice number!

Has anyone slabbed and sold a #0 yet - just to set the level?

Story?

Art?

Over to you! (thumbs u

Nah not krapping on the book at all Andy. Just pointing out that Avatar owns Bleeding Cool and that any glowing reviews or movie rumours have to be taken with a grain of salt. That's kind of obvious I would have thought.

Fair enough mate, I just got the vibe that you didn't like to book and wondered why.

Its good to get an allround perspective sometimes. (thumbs u

The rest were equal.

10,849 is a nice number!

I don't think that's right Andy, the blitz was a 3:1. For every three of the other covers retailers could order one blitz. Both creators are signing at Phoenix Con in two weeks so I'll be getting a stack signed and submitted.

Ah - ok, thanks for that - you are correct.

I ordered 100 and got 10 blitzkrieg so in my apparently sleep addled state worked out it was a 1:10 :facepalm:

It is of course 1:3 :makepoint:

My bad.

Maybe I should go back to bed lol

The rest were equal.

10,849 is a nice number!

I don't think that's right Andy, the blitz was a 3:1. For every three of the other covers retailers could order one blitz. Both creators are signing at Phoenix Con in two weeks so I'll be getting a stack signed and submitted.

This may be a redundant question but do you have to buy 1 Prop cover, 1 wrap cover, and 1 regular cover to get 1 Blitzkrieg cover ? If so, each cover is equally as rare as the Blitzkrieg. Even if you had to buy 3 of the same cover, and the other covers were sold in equal amounts, you would still end up with the same number of each cover. The only way this would be wrong is if some dealers only ordered 1 or 2 covers instead of 3. Does anyone else see the same thing I'm seeing ?

The rest were equal.

10,849 is a nice number!

This may be a redundant question but do you have to buy 1 Prop cover, 1 wrap cover, and 1 regular cover to get 1 Blitzkrieg cover ? If so, each cover is equally as rare as the Blitzkrieg. Even if you had to buy 3 of the same cover, and the other covers were sold in equal amounts, you would still end up with the same number of each cover. The only way this would be wrong is if some dealers only ordered 1 or 2 covers instead of 3. Does anyone else see the same thing I'm seeing ?

2 of my LCSs bought only copies of the regular cover and the one that didn't had only 4 of the Blitzkrieg but plenty of the other 3 covers.

The rest were equal.

10,849 is a nice number!

2 of my LCSs bought only copies of the regular cover and the one that didn't had only 4 of the Blitzkrieg but plenty of the other 3 covers.

Well, there went that theory :grin:

My understanding is you could buy an three and then get the blitz. Theoretically, the blitz could be the second most common cover but I don't think that's the case, as Holden said, I have seen many more of the other covers.