• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

They did admit to milking the covers when they knew they had a hit on their hands but also took into consideration collectors like us into the formula.

Can you elaborate? This seems like a contradiction.

They knew the collectors of Uber would buy the multiple covers, so they kept producing them. :whistle:

i cant count how many titles I have been walking away from due to "variant mania"

Because you are a collector and not a reader? (shrug)

Maybe he is both. I'm in he same boat. so are many others.

They did admit to milking the covers when they knew they had a hit on their hands but also took into consideration collectors like us into the formula.

Can you elaborate? This seems like a contradiction.

They knew the collectors of Uber would buy the multiple covers, so they kept producing them. :whistle:

Exactly.. It's not rocket surgery :acclaim:

No Jimmy but it has cost them customers.

Oh well good story anyway - Balham was right earlier - I should have stressed that Uber is great, but as someone else said, if you have 15 different covers sitting on the shelf of #1 it does make you kinda walk on by....

No Jimmy but it has cost them customers.

Oh well good story anyway - Balham was right earlier - I should have stressed that Uber is great, but as someone else said, if you have 15 different covers sitting on the shelf of #1 it does make you kinda walk on by....

Please point out which 15 covers are readily available on the shelf for cover price of Uber #1.

I'm sure you are a very nice person.

But if you don't get the point then you will be another of the hundreds that have left here in the last 12 months with an empty wallet and their tail tucked firmly between their legs.

Buy what you want mate - I have absolutely no interest in you, your collecting habits or your thoughts on speculating.

You're just another newb that is incapable of understanding the difference between the primary and secondary markets, and why this book is now untouchable from a speculators point of view.

If you want to buy every cover - go for it, and I hope you enjoy your collection.

I choose not to buy any more copies of Uber.

Neither one of us is right or wrong, but if you 'have' to win - then I'm totally wrong and everyone, please follow ZaCrew's example.

Enjoy your weekend.

(thumbs u

well there is one good thing, avatar does not seem to believe in reprints...so if you want to read them, and you haven't already you have to get them from a secondary market....

I'm sure you are a very nice person.

But if you don't get the point then you will be another of the hundreds that have left here in the last 12 months with an empty wallet and their tail tucked firmly between their legs.

Buy what you want mate - I have absolutely no interest in you, your collecting habits or your thoughts on speculating.

You're just another newb that is incapable of understanding the difference between the primary and secondary markets, and why this book is now untouchable from a speculators point of view.

If you want to buy every cover - go for it, and I hope you enjoy your collection.

I choose not to buy any more copies of Uber.

Neither one of us is right or wrong, but if you 'have' to win - then I'm totally wrong and everyone, please follow ZaCrew's example.

Enjoy your weekend.

(thumbs u

:facepalm:

well there is one good thing, avatar does not seem to believe in reprints...so if you want to read them, and you haven't already you have to get them from a secondary market....

This is meant to be funny, correct? (shrug)

Avatar doesn't believe in reprints? Seriously? What are all the variant covers that come out after the first printing, if not reprints?

You are guaranteed with Avatar that the initial printing will be followed by subsequent variant cover (reprints) printings.

I honestly can't believe that people are surprised that publishers print a ton of variants. Publishers could care less about the secondary market.

Get used to it.... EVERY title that is speculated on and bought in multiples or even 100's will always be a goldmine for publishers. Chances are that if you think a premise or a certain artist or creator are great - hundreds if other people will also, therefore boosting sales and encouraging publishers to print variants etc. It comes back to buying what you like to read - if you actually read the books at all. Thats the ONLY way to find a hidden speculator "hit." Plenty of people have lined Avatars pockets with uber and images pockets with bedlam and MANY more because they though that those books were the ones that were going to make them a killing. It was never going to happen and the smart ones around here knew it from day 1.

Just my 2c .

I know everyone is discouraged because of variant overload, but this title is pretty cool.

Just read #2 tonight and I like the series so far.

I didn't pre-order any of these so I guess I have a different perspective lol

I know everyone is discouraged because of variant overload, but this title is pretty cool.

Just read #2 tonight and I like the series so far.

I didn't pre-order any of these so I guess I have a different perspective lol

HOW DARE you talk positively of a book that printed more than 2 covers... shame on you sir.

The read is actually pretty good so far. I'm in for the ride as long as it stays that way. I won't be collecting all the covers as I anticipated (early early) but I will be reading it. For the people out there who are still trying to collect all 50 (exaggerating) Avatar has an Uber 0 Enhanced Breakdown Edition . I'm not sure if it breaksdowns anything but your wallet but if you gotta have em all here ya go!

The read is actually a pretty good so far. I'm in for the ride as long as it stays that way. I won't be collecting all the covers as I anticipated (early early) but I will be reading it. For the people out there who are still trying to collect all 50 (exaggerating) Avatar has an Uber 0 Enhanced Breakdown Edition . I'm not sure if it breaksdown anything but your wallet but if you gotta have em all here ya go!

My god....they just cant stop.