• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Y: The Last Man [SPOILERS]

504 posts in this topic

(my favorite page to :bump:)

via comic book resources:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50441

Can you provide any updates about your various film projects, either the adaptations of "Y: The Last Man" and "Runaways" or your original spec scripts "Roundtable" and "The Vault?"

It's my understanding that the rights to "Y: The Last Man" will revert back to co-creator Pia Guerra and me for the first time in a decade if the planned New Line adaptation doesn't start shooting in the next few months, so I expect there will be some "Y" news in 2014 either way.

You realize that cover of Ampersand in the Victorian garb holding the skull is from Shakespeare's Hamlet, right? (I hope this isn't obvious to everyone... :shy: )

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy"

More info HERE

Meaning

A meditation on the fragility of life.

Hamlet says this in a graveyard as he looks at the skull of Yorick, a court jester he had known as a child, and grieves for him. In this complex speech, which is one of the best known in all dramatic works, Hamlet goes on to consider the fate of us all when he compares the skull to those still living: "let her paint [her face] an inch thick, to this favour [state] she must come”

As a child Hamlet found the jester Yorick amusing and entertaining. They used to play and frolic in an intimate but innocent way. Now that Yorick is a stinking corpse the memory of touching him seems revolting and makes Hamlet feel ill.

(worship) Very nice!

I really need to check out Private Eye, the art looks great. Has anyone read this?

And :wishluck: for a YTLM movie/tv series (preferably tv, maybe a miniseries of about 5 seasons on HBO or AMC ala Breaking Bad).

Private Eye is freaking AWESOME. I'm really enjoying it. Great read and the art fits it perfectly, it's like fun-noir...if there was such a thing. Highly recommended. (thumbs u

Bleeding Cool's take on the news:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/23/if-the-y-the-last-man-film-doesnt-shoot-soon-brian-k-vaughan-and-pia-guerra-will-get-the-rights-back/

The attached director, Dan Trachtenberg, is a legit comics fan (he loves THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS) and as much as I'd like him to have a shot, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if the rights reverted back to BKV and Pia. YTLM would be best as a TV series and that's where I hope it lands.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/23/if-the-y-the-last-man-film-doesnt-shoot-soon-brian-k-vaughan-and-pia-guerra-will-get-the-rights-back/

The attached director, Dan Trachtenberg, is a legit comics fan (he loves THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS) and as much as I'd like him to have a shot, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if the rights reverted back to BKV and Pia. YTLM would be best as a TV series and that's where I hope it lands.

:applause:

I would HOPE it would be on HBO. The possibilities..... Wow.

I think it would fit well with AMC, too.

This.

If they give it a reasonable budget and dont mess with the writers/producers.

Edited by NamesJay

I posted this all over but I'm just over the moon. I mentioned in the Goals for 2014 OA thread that getting a top page from issue #1 of YTLM would be my only OA collecting goal for the year. Luckily, it only took 32 days. Very humbled and happy to add this to my black hole collection.

12260329104_44d069cc1b_c.jpg

I posted this all over but I'm just over the moon. I mentioned in the Goals for 2014 OA thread that getting a top page from issue #1 of YTLM would be my only OA collecting goal for the year. Luckily, it only took 32 days. Very humbled and happy to add this to my black hole collection.

12260329104_44d069cc1b_c.jpg

(worship) So freakin awesome! A YTLM page is also on my 2014 goals, SUPER jealous :applause: