• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SS Opportunity (Sketch/Sig Events) Standards?

232 posts in this topic

Dude, you cant just use the power of ponies like that. Pinkie and twilight could just....

You dont even want to know

You know how sometimes it's really difficult to pinpoint the exact moment when a thread got weird?

This isn't one of those times.

That hurts bud.

Weird's not bad. :foryou: You're just the right amount.

Dude, you cant just use the power of ponies like that. Pinkie and twilight could just....

You dont even want to know

You know how sometimes it's really difficult to pinpoint the exact moment when a thread got weird?

This isn't one of those times.

That hurts bud.

Weird's not bad. :foryou: You're just the right amount.

lol

:foryou:

Hopefully this experience has put things in perspective for you so that perhaps now you can see that on occasion a situation can spiral out of control and doesn't get immediate attention. Everyone needs to realize that a little patience goes a long way for both facilitators and customers.

Lord. I hope the takeaway isn't this. People have a right to expect good communication and timely delivery. There are so many people just in this thread who keep raising the flag of, "Don't discuss problems in public." "Criticism will ruin our SS program." Etc., etc. This is just something I fundamentally disagree with and something I know CGC doesn't agree with, because I've exchanged PMs with Paul about this very issue.

90% of your problems should be worked out behind the scenes. But when that 10% gets to the point that the other party isn't responding to queries or is lying or similarly serious transgressions, it's time to bring it to the group. Those people doing so don't need get bashed for doing so. Case in point: the buyer in GoT's opp who couldn't get responses but got a swift resolution once it went public. Caveat: This thread really ISN'T ABOUT GoT.

I never suggested that problems shouldn't be discussed publicly. My point is that sometimes it might take more than 24-48 hours for an individual to get the PM/email and respond. Not everyone lives and dies by their computer screen.

No one ever said it was about GoT. It was, in fact, stated specifically that it wasn't. Just because some posts are directed towards him doesn't make the thread is about him.

No one ever said it was about GoT. It was, in fact, stated specifically that it wasn't. Just because some posts are directed towards him doesn't make the thread is about him.
That part was primarily directed towards him as he continues to make this about him, when no one was intending for it to be about him.

can we all just settle on...

- facilitators and buyers should get as many specific terms cleared as possible ahead of time

- if a person feels like facilitating sketch/ss opps is more trouble than they're worth, don't do them. No one is forcing anyone to be so 'generous' or generous

- wouldn't kill potential buyer to research a facilitator and/or artist ahead of time so you have some idea of what you're getting into, as not all facilitators and artists are created equal. (this might include pm'ing people who have been involved in prior opps)

- no person or situation is perfect all the time, but communication is key (and yes sometimes that is voicing a complaint, hopefully in private first)

- money changes hands here, sometimes big money, and even though its for fun (and generally people here are fortunate to have the disposable income to do these), these are all business transactions, and should be treated with the professionalism by all parties that is used in your real day to day business or work.

- No one forces anyone to get a sketch done, no one forces anyone to have sketch opps. I could be wrong, but I don't think very many if ANY of the regular facilitators rely on these sketch opps for a living, unless they also happen to be agents or reps. So as a buyer or facilitator, if the cost is too great in terms of $$, trouble, headaches, drama, time, communication, soured relationships, uncertainty etc... then maybe find another avenue for your efforts, time, or moneys.

- Its also not the hardest thing to make friends here and ask them to pick up a sketch at a con and submit it for them there. Pre-arrange with the artist on your own, pm your buddy in Atlanta, Seattle, NYC, or LA and ask them them to pick up a sketch and submit it for you, or submit a few books for you for CGC SS. I'm not the friendliest guy on the planet, and even I've been able to accomplish this, and have helped someone out similarly. Yes some artists are harder than others, and the opps here are generally quite awesome, but its far from anyone's only option.

- Be excellent to one another.

since the marketplace has a feedback sub-forum where each person puts up a feedback thread, would it make sense for there to be a feedback thread for anyone making an Op offering on the board? Surely all of the positive feedback would outweigh any negative....

Party on dudes!

Sorry, I could not help it.

:headbang:

I must say, I am disappointed in all of you.

Here we are, on a comic message board, sniping back and forth at each other and not ONE of you thinks to post this as retort: