• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SS Opportunity (Sketch/Sig Events) Standards?

232 posts in this topic

I second JJ being in charge of the whole SS program but only if Pirate is the enforcer. :)
I don't want to speak for JJ but I'd guess he doesn't want that headache.

What exactly is the reason people keep talking about a "SS enforcer"? What would they enforce? I would imagine any enforcing that takes place would be done by whoever is the director of the SS program.

I'd like to say I miss the days when there wasn't all the bickering and fighting in the Sig Room but it's been going on pretty consistently for the six or so years I've been here. Quite frankly between that and turnaround times being so long it's kind of turned me off to subbing more books. Don't misunderstand, I greatly appreciate my SS books and I'm a big fan of the concept of SS books but the constant bickering makes me almost not even want to click into the forum to see what's going on with all the day to day azzhattery that takes place. Plain and simple, everyone needs to grow up, forget all the old grudges and act like adults because far too often the behavior exhibited is more along the lines of what I'd expect to see out of teenaged girls. 2c

Never fear...

I have not read this thread... but once the con season fires up there will be a lot more around here than just arguing.

Meaning what exactly? This is another problem, not just in the Sig Room but on the boards as a whole, just come out and say what you mean and quit alluding the point. It doesn't help anything, it doesn't make the person posting more intriguing, it's just pointless.

Not me, the infamous DWC. Every three months there is a thread about Stan Lee books. Con season is around the corner. It is only a matter of time.

Yes what about the "infamous DWC"? (shrug)

:roflmao:

Opps will never end.

Never say never! Never...wait I just said Never...ugh...

Careful what you say or my secret ss group will come after you. I've done research.

I have moles in the secret SS group! :sumo:

I thought this was between us.....

Crud...

We will have to discuss at ECCC!

(thumbs u

Actually, it was a book purchased in the modern sales thread. Then a few months later I purchased two more books from the same boardie. I had totally forgotten about the book I had purchased in the last sales thread. When the current books arrived, I had a mystery book in the box. I actually thanked the person in a pm for the bonus book. They replied back "what freebie"? I explained that I got three books instead of two. He said it was a book from a previous thread. Well over a month possibly two.

Now let's see if the boardie will come out. He has already posted in this thread.

How do people simply forget about their purchases??? (shrug)

Quite easy. When the person you purchase the book from has no communication with you about delays and holds onto the book that you paid to have FT and shipped back. Over time, your mind begins to wander.

I work full time and go to school at night. I have custody of a six year old daughter.

I make a ton of purchases on here and I learned my lesson. I now have a spread sheet to track all orders and sketches. I was a noob. I have 14 sketch opps out right now that I am waiting to get back.

None of your 14 opps are mine.... :shy:

But you do all the bad- ones. :headbang:

Not me, the infamous DWC. Every three months there is a thread about Stan Lee books. Con season is around the corner. It is only a matter of time.

Yes what about the "infamous DWC"? (shrug)

I thought that was a rapper/hip-hop name.

Like "The Notorious B.I.G." or something like that.

Actually, it was a book purchased in the modern sales thread. Then a few months later I purchased two more books from the same boardie. I had totally forgotten about the book I had purchased in the last sales thread. When the current books arrived, I had a mystery book in the box. I actually thanked the person in a pm for the bonus book. They replied back "what freebie"? I explained that I got three books instead of two. He said it was a book from a previous thread. Well over a month possibly two.

Now let's see if the boardie will come out. He has already posted in this thread.

How do people simply forget about their purchases??? (shrug)

Quite easy. When the person you purchase the book from has no communication with you about delays and holds onto the book that you paid to have FT and shipped back. Over time, your mind begins to wander.

I work full time and go to school at night. I have custody of a six year old daughter.

I make a ton of purchases on here and I learned my lesson. I now have a spread sheet to track all orders and sketches. I was a noob. I have 14 sketch opps out right now that I am waiting to get back.

None of your 14 opps are mine.... :shy:

But you do all the bad- ones. :headbang:

Thx Chris :blush:

So what did I miss?

Justin Bieber and The Black Keys have a pretty good "Nicki Minaj vs. Mariah" feud going right now. :slapfight:

Other than that, not much.

Ok, don't make me try and figure out who is suppose to be who with that last reference :lol:

I think Bieber is Nicki, flash with little substance and The Black Keys are Mariah, solid skills and musical background.

I am on "TEAM KEYS"!!!

So what did I miss?

You still suck, deal with it. ;)

I suck for actually shipping an item that someone forgot that they bought from me. (shrug)

I've been wasting my time in bed this morning watching "Get Carter" on Thriller MAX.

And apparently rap feuds continue.

So as it turns out, this entire derailment on the SS forums - to include this thread, was brought on by several subjects that thought it would be amazing and entertaining to watch it implode.

To Quote:

This SS group is like watching an episode of Days of Our Lives, except with much more drama, whining, crying, belly aching, sandy cooters, man babies, neediness, virgins, complaining, chest pumping, axes to grind, uncomfortable cheese odor, accusations, bad posture, blubbering, back peddling, rabel rousing, finger pointing and lack of female presence.

Sorry, you were saying.

Needless to say, those that don't share an interest in the SS Forum, or even care to understand how a private/public signature serious opp took the time and chance to divide us.

If people ship within, say, 30 days of getting people's books in, there will be a lot less problems.

PS: anyone that doesn't already know that the SS is a dramafest, and that there are tons of people who come in here only to watch a good dust up or moan about lack of transparency, isn't paying attention.