• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SS Opportunity (Sketch/Sig Events) Standards?

232 posts in this topic

I apologize. I miss understood then.

You bought a pre-sale of Wonderland #1 Campbell cover 9.8 and paid for it 6/16.

The book wasn't released until early July - then it was delayed to third week of July. I was lucky enough to grab a few raws that Zenescope brought with them early to SDCC and subbed the yellow and blue there.

You also ordered two books from my SDCC sales thread.

A blue label Wonderland 1 Sketch 9.8 & Wonderland 1 Campbell SS 9.8

All those books came back in late August together since I subbed them together at SDCC, and I shipped them all on 8/28

"Game day bucket go boom"

lol

So you charged me double shipping? Thanks. That makes me feel better!

:facepalm:

Did I, I'd have to check. If anything I probably owe you $6 or $7 and I'd be happy to refund it you like. I'm pretty good about refunding extra shipping - or only charging for additional shipping if I catch there are multiple orders pending. Ask anybody since I'm the king of holding orders to save on shipping - and it's got to stop lol

But seriously -

I'm giving you a hard time because you got your facts wrong. I'm not mad or trying to start a fight. Maybe next time don't remove yourself from the PM topic and you could go back and research the dates better before saying "months later".

I find it all funny honestly.

The book wasn't released until early July - then it was delayed to third week of July. I was lucky enough to grab a few raws that Zenescope brought with them early to SDCC and subbed the yellow and blue there.

All those books came back in late August together since I subbed them together at SDCC, and I shipped them all on 8/28

lol

I just want to throw this out there. If you did a pre-sale and it was delayed did you tell your customers or did you just leave it with no response? Also why did you charge double shipping like j dub said if you shipped both orders out at once?

Edit: just saw the post about a refund potentially

lol

I just want to throw this out there. If you did a pre-sale and it was delayed did you tell your customers or did you just leave it with no response? Also why did you charge double shipping like j dub said if you shipped both orders out at once?

Edit: just saw the post about a refund potentially

It was delayed a week, was originally supposed to come out the Wednesday of Comic Con, but wasn't being shipped by Diamond until the following week after because a delay by the printer.

Zenescope had already received their copies and had maybe 50 of each Campbell and EBAS covers at the show since they were attending. I was lucky enough to get them there and fulfill my blue label or SS needs. So there was actually no delay.

The books were solicited as a pre-sale of the upcoming release in July, alongside my own Wonderland 1 Exclusive by Nei"

Second: People who have been posting in this thread about what great practices should be are hypocrites. I have had the same shipping problems etc with some of you. You know who you are and should not be jumping on Adonis, but looking in the mirror at yourself for the same mistakes.

My 2c

BTW

I went back through the thread and found this, and since after later comments it seems it was somewhat directed at me I don't think I was dumping on Adonis - I was making a statement about SS standards in general. In fact he contacted me earlier today via cell and I gave him my advice on the situation.

"Cuban Rage" aside ( lol ) I've known Adonis for a few years now, see him at a lot of shows, and we have each other's phone numbers and talk on occasion.

Actually, it was a book purchased in the modern sales thread. Then a few months later I purchased two more books from the same boardie. I had totally forgotten about the book I had purchased in the last sales thread. When the current books arrived, I had a mystery book in the box. I actually thanked the person in a pm for the bonus book. They replied back "what freebie"? I explained that I got three books instead of two. He said it was a book from a previous thread. Well over a month possibly two.

Now let's see if the boardie will come out. He has already posted in this thread.

How do people simply forget about their purchases??? (shrug)

Actually, it was a book purchased in the modern sales thread. Then a few months later I purchased two more books from the same boardie. I had totally forgotten about the book I had purchased in the last sales thread. When the current books arrived, I had a mystery book in the box. I actually thanked the person in a pm for the bonus book. They replied back "what freebie"? I explained that I got three books instead of two. He said it was a book from a previous thread. Well over a month possibly two.

Now let's see if the boardie will come out. He has already posted in this thread.

Quite easy. When the person you purchase the book from has no communication with you about delays and holds onto the book that you paid to have FT and shipped back. Over time, your mind begins to wander.

I work full time and go to school at night. I have custody of a six year old daughter.

I make a ton of purchases on here and I learned my lesson. I now have a spread sheet to track all orders and sketches. I was a noob. I have 14 sketch opps out right now that I am waiting to get back.

The difficulty in establishing standards is that many of those standards are hard to enforce. One can't force a facilitator to communicate effectively and consistently nor can a facilitator's organization be enforced nor even monitored.

This is, of course, not always true but there have been plenty of times I've checked for updates on opps and the facilitator has read the PM but does not reply or acts annoyed that I'm being impatient even though I try not to harrass anyone, knowing that these things take a while.

As for organization, I understand that can be internal; either someone is organized or they are not. However, when I PM a facilitator to check on a sig or sketch and the answer is, "I think it got done but I'm not sure" and that's the last I hear of it then that is a surefire way for me to never use that service again.

Excel sheets solve many problems. I use them religiously in my own work.

But just so this isn't a totally negative post: the vast majority of my submittals have gone smooth as silk so thanks to those that made it happen. (thumbs u

Quite easy. When the person you purchase the book from has no communication with you about delays and holds onto the book that you paid to have FT and shipped back. Over time, your mind begins to wander.

I work full time and go to school at night. I have custody of a six year old daughter.

I make a ton of purchases on here and I learned my lesson. I now have a spread sheet to track all orders and sketches. I was a noob. I have 14 sketch opps out right now that I am waiting to get back.

14??? Holy mess

:o

I am clearly in the minor leagues here...

Participating in my first sketch op and so far, I have been super pleased with the facilitator (great communication) and keeps all of us up to date in what is going on. Really looking forward to it.

I second JJ being in charge of the whole SS program but only if Pirate is the enforcer. :)

Iol

I think we all have been pretty lucky to have people like Kevin Boyd, Joe Pierson and Mike Balent at the helm...

But Pirate as the enforcer? I can see that...!!!!

I second JJ being in charge of the whole SS program but only if Pirate is the enforcer. :)
I don't want to speak for JJ but I'd guess he doesn't want that headache.

What exactly is the reason people keep talking about a "SS enforcer"? What would they enforce? I would imagine any enforcing that takes place would be done by whoever is the director of the SS program.

I'd like to say I miss the days when there wasn't all the bickering and fighting in the Sig Room but it's been going on pretty consistently for the six or so years I've been here. Quite frankly between that and turnaround times being so long it's kind of turned me off to subbing more books. Don't misunderstand, I greatly appreciate my SS books and I'm a big fan of the concept of SS books but the constant bickering makes me almost not even want to click into the forum to see what's going on with all the day to day azzhattery that takes place. Plain and simple, everyone needs to grow up, forget all the old grudges and act like adults because far too often the behavior exhibited is more along the lines of what I'd expect to see out of teenaged girls. 2c

I don't want to speak for JJ but I'd guess he doesn't want that headache.

What exactly is the reason people keep talking about a "SS enforcer"? What would they enforce? I would imagine any enforcing that takes place would be done by whoever is the director of the SS program.

I'd like to say I miss the days when there wasn't all the bickering and fighting in the Sig Room but it's been going on pretty consistently for the six or so years I've been here. Quite frankly between that and turnaround times being so long it's kind of turned me off to subbing more books. Don't misunderstand, I greatly appreciate my SS books and I'm a big fan of the concept of SS books but the constant bickering makes me almost not even want to click into the forum to see what's going on with all the day to day azzhattery that takes place. Plain and simple, everyone needs to grow up, forget all the old grudges and act like adults because far too often the behavior exhibited is more along the lines of what I'd expect to see out of teenaged girls. 2c

Never fear...

I have not read this thread... but once the con season fires up there will be a lot more around here than just arguing.

None of your 14 opps are mine.... :shy: