• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best looking comic book EVER?

83 posts in this topic

There's no such thing. It's like asking who the most beautiful woman is.

:facepalm:

Just play along dude. You must have a bunch of favorite covers, right? So just pick one. It's not that complicated....

Any Liefeld cover

I'm not sure I could name my favorte. Now if you had asked for my

Top Five Comic Covers maybe I could come up with a few... (oh and I'm not asking you to use search. Just thought it would be redundant for me to state that Fantastic Comics #3 is without a doubt the best cover of all time.)

Great thread with lots of interesting opinions. Though Silver is my collecting focus and there are a ton of classic books that have iconic eye appeal from that era, I'll throw out a couple that marked me when they actually came out on newsstands and I was in my collecting heyday as a kid:

21211-2294-23647-1-thor_super.jpg

Love the way this cover announces the dawn of the Simonson era with the smashed title logo and striking introduction of Beta Ray Bill. It's like, "this mag is about to get a serious makeover". Simonson's style on the inside pages, with the dramatic action sequences and iconic sound effects ("KRAKOOOOOM") streaming across panels, were a revelation to me as a 10-year-old.

justice-league-1-dc-1987.jpg

The detail in Maguire's cover art and unique downward perspective on the group here made for a very unique, eye-catching cover. Inside, I remember how much I enjoyed the facial expressions of the characters - Maguire imbued so much personality into otherwise B-list heroes that you couldn't help but root for them in what ultimately amounted to a series of relatively insignificant misadventures.