• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Yes, we are going to have a show exclusive. I'll probably end up selling it exclusively during my Image signings a la SDCC. It's not going to be a set, but it will be very cool and pretty limited.

To limit craziness, I am not going to announce what it is until the actual show. I'll put my signing times up, etc. but that's all I'm gonna say. I'm also ONLY going to sell this at the con--what fun are the exclusives if they aren't exclusive ; ).

More info as I get my signing times, etc.!

:o ahhhhhhhhhhh

Yes, we are going to have a show exclusive. I'll probably end up selling it exclusively during my Image signings a la SDCC. It's not going to be a set, but it will be very cool and pretty limited.

To limit craziness, I am not going to announce what it is until the actual show. I'll put my signing times up, etc. but that's all I'm gonna say. I'm also ONLY going to sell this at the con--what fun are the exclusives if they aren't exclusive ; ).

Right on Frank. See you at NYCC! (thumbs u

Hey Frank, I liked that you signed copies of the trade paperback at Forbidden Planet, great idea.

:applause: Can't wait to find out what it is!

:applause: Can't wait to find out what it is!

I betcha it's a risqué oil painting of Frank on the cover! Special print run...limited to 10. :wink:

Wearing a mankini! :roflmao:

Nope, there are just suggestive pieces of fruit in the foreground to obscure the naughty parts. :)

Put your big boy pants on if you're going to step into the octagon...cause IMHO I couldn't have stolen that any easier with a loaded gun:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-Ghosts-1-2-3-4-5-SDCC-Variant-Set-w-Envelope-NM-MINT-Limited-to-50-Image-/251340310345?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=zPLP3EqfTd31tY7p4il2HVtv898%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

There's 50 of these folks....just 50. I would've dropped a bid twice as high without blinking. Upon looking into my crystal ball I see the future is bright for this title and the guys behind the red curtain....so I feel confident this little piece of history was worth every penny and quite a bit more. Someday these are going to show up at Kneel to Zod prices (in fact they already have elsewhere) and there'll be alot of heads shaking remorsefully they didn't pull the trigger at the low end.

Crime of the century and not one witness....unless you count the Detective. :wink:

mswF5wptLC_rxBkLsD0nCsw.jpg

Damn... I have been so busy with selling 3D , pressing, AC breaking at my house and more I missed that...

That would have been my 6th set.

I usually drop links in before auctions drop, but I wanted to see who was on their toes....

The 3D mayhem also had everyone so distracted that it was easy to slip in and out undetected. BTW: those lenticular covers are cool and all...but they're going to be tomorrow's CBLDF Nowhere Men #1 within 6 months. The market is over-saturated and there's going to be a billion more manufactured every month. Hats off to DC for the outside the box marketing and their ability to generate reader interest. That said, what's underneath the cover is more important for staying power.

if you're selling that kind of stuff now, with all the 3d mania going on, you deserve to be burned

There's alot of slash n' burn roving gangs of comic-thugs pillaging the auctions that have been eclipsed by the 3D nuttiness. I thought I might as well loot some if everyone else was. Worked out pretty well. :)

Keep your eyes peeled, nose in the air and ears to the ground.....there are deals aplenty while the world is distracted.

I've been watching the five ghosts auctions the last few days...already have a cgc 9.8 set so didn't pull the trigger. Probably should have considering the rarity.

Nice grab.

Also the board talk about Five Ghosts going the way of Blackacre isn't helping. I think some people are dumb enough to be dumping their copies.

Edited by krighton

Five ghosts is no Blackacre.....but the doubting Thomases will always surface I guess.

Hell, I heard the same schtick with BB28 when I knew it was a slam dunk. I'm still hearing rumblings of doubt but what's clear is that almost every purchase of that title and issue in every grade has pretty much doubled if not more in value since December. That's not a great example of course because there's so much hype in the works that it's ridiculous.....but I guess my point is that even with so much writing on the wall and the numerous examples of price hikes amidst the massive exposure.....there's always some kook that'll say 'it's a bubble'.

Awesome, good thing I've got plenty of bubble bath. I love how the seasonal con-dip is always perceived as the end of the comic world for pricing. What's hilarious is that nobody remembers the post-con bounce back and gains.

Anyway, if you're looking to dump your rarities for pennies on the dollar just look me up. I've got an open wallet and a nose for deals.

How about the regular #1? Any chance of it selling above $10?

You mean like the five #1s this seller blew out 4 days ago at best offer with a $12.99 listing and $3.00 shipping?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-Ghosts-Haunting-Of-Fabian-Gray-1-Frank-Barbiere-Chris-Mooneyham-1st-print-/380617903869?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item589e984efd

I can assure folks that the orders on #6 are still plenty good, plus we'll have a number of pretty exciting variants coming up.

Also--the book will remain good ; ). If that's your cup of tea.

Chris and I are planning to have a nice, long run on Five Ghosts--yeah, people might jump ship trying to make an easy buck, but I think you'll win in the end if you stick around for the long term. And actually read the book.