• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Yea, I think the price was fine considering the availability also. Lots of modern books selling for more than $28 each with a whole lot more copies out there.

I'm also wondering why we haven't t seen any on the bay. Am I gonna have to be the individual_without_enough_empathy? lol

Mine are definitely going to be slabbed pending condition. I'm just very curious to see what the aftermarket price settles at. Sadly, these are my first copies of 5 Ghost at all (although I have read and enjoyed it quite a bit) and post TV news it a strange time to start putting a set together, so while I'm going to love having these, there's a good chance mine will end up on the selling block post slabbage.

i'm just saying cost prohibitive for those who quickly dump on ebay. Overall cost is fine considering the rarity.

Yeah, I would say that's true. If they bring $300 on ebay, then I'll bet you see a lot of them. Five Ghosts on ebay right now is doing pretty well. Stuff that I paid $5 or less for in the last year in now $14-$15 per book. It also looks like the print run trended up prior to the announcement which I think is a very good sign. I believe its a good time to be buying FG for a lot of reasons.

hm SS you say?

I never think about SS, and my books are already at CGC when signing oops come up. End up either buying extra copies or cracking slabs :sick:

May just have to wait this time.

So I was looking through my books... I don't know if people remembered but I had talked about ruining a set of 1-5 SDCC books.. that's not entirely accurate (props to Independence Day for the line)

I have a #1 and #5 9.8 from the set I may put on Ebay and see what kind of flurry there is *wicked grin*

So I was looking through my books... I don't know if people remembered but I had talked about ruining a set of 1-5 SDCC books.. that's not entirely accurate (props to Independence Day for the line)

I have a #1 and #5 9.8 from the set I may put on Ebay and see what kind of flurry there is *wicked grin*

I almost pulled the trigger on that #5...

Still might.

SDCC cut in my disposable income budget this month like a mofo, hahaha.

I have never seen these sold individually, I don't think.

Edited by vikingreed