• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics Corral - did it go bye bye?

42 posts in this topic

Pretty good chance it gone for good this time,It had been hacked some and Hoss usually cleared it up pretty quickly.

When someone like robojo has free reign you know the end is near.

I always thought that bizarre. Robojo was banned for a long time and then he was allowed to come back.

Robojo has been a very good poster though since he reappeared on the board.

Well looks like it's not coming back anytime soon. Either it's on an extended hiatus or it's defunct.

Now that would really peeve me off since I've worked very hard to keep Comicscorral an active alternative over the last two years. Moreover, going into Comicscorral is the quickest way I can access a lot of my images which is especially important given how it's become increasingly difficult to access images on Photobucket since the changes to the site.

Does anyone know Hoss?

???

Why can't you access photos on Photobucket? You mean you literally can't get in to Photobucket or you can't copy the cover images to these boards? hm

I can get into Photobucket, but if I've already posted the comics on Comicscorral, it's easier to find them there on Comicscorral for several reasons.

I have 2192 images in my Comic Album in Photobucket right now. Therefore I can't just go to where I've uploaded a number of Green Lantern comic books for example. I have to search by individual comic. This means I have to get the title right, and I may have forgotten whether I labelled Brave and the Bold 50 as Brave & Bold 50 or whether I labelled Justice League 10 as JLA 10 two years ago. Secondly, some titles generate thousands of hits, e.g. Jaguar 1. Thirdly, Photobucket hates World's Finest searches. It says there are none, which is a lie. I'm now beginning to wonder whether Photobucket's search engine is ignoring hits older than a certain date.

I've loaded most of these comics on dedicated threads on Comicscorral. I can quickly go into the thread and drag and copy five to ten issues of a particular title to post when I need them again. This I've found very convenient.

I also have a thread dedicated to all my collectibles called "I'm here!'" on Comicscorral. I can find things in it quite quickly.

:(

Why can't you access photos on Photobucket? You mean you literally can't get in to Photobucket or you can't copy the cover images to these boards? hm

I can get into Photobucket, but if I've already posted the comics on Comicscorral, it's easier to find them there on Comicscorral for several reasons.

I have 2192 images in my Comic Album in Photobucket right now. Therefore I can't just go to where I've uploaded a number of Green Lantern comic books for example. I have to search by individual comic. This means I have to get the title right, and I may have forgotten whether I labelled Brave and the Bold 50 as Brave & the Bold 50 two years ago. Secondly, some titles generate thousands of hits, e.g. Jaguar 1. Thirdly, Photobucket hates World's Finest searches. It says there are none, which is a lie. I'm now beginning to wonder whether Photobucket's search engine is ignoring hits older than a certain date.

I've loaded most of these comics on dedicated threads on Comicscorral. I can quickly go into the thread and drag and copy five to ten issues of a particular title to post when I need them again. This I've found very convenient.

I also have a thread dedicated to all my collectibles called "I'm here!'" on Comicscorral. I can find things in it quite quickly.

:(

Kwitcherperson_without_enough_empathyen.

It's back.

Robojo has been a very good poster though since he reappeared on the board.

On this board, the CGC board? hm

He better not. :mad:

But... but... he's been a very good poster (shrug)

Yes, he was a positive addition to a board that is far too often very quiet. He was friendly, supportive and a fellow who started numerous threads of general interest.

:)