• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

apologizes and explanations

2,367 posts in this topic

So I started lifting last September mainly for help with depression (and being a weak lard at 5'9 231lbs).

Never lifted in my life, down 40lbs and stronger than I ever thought I could be. But none of that matters with how HAPPY lifting can make you feel. Everyone should do it. It will consume you and can change your life for the better. I never thought it was possible to enjoy this stuff.

Get to a gym and find out what you like doing and do it.

So I started lifting last September mainly for help with depression (and being a weak lard at 5'9 231lbs).

Never lifted in my life, down 40lbs and stronger than I ever thought I could be. But none of that matters with how HAPPY lifting can make you feel. Everyone should do it. It will consume you and can change your life for the better. I never thought it was possible to enjoy this stuff.

Exercise, any kind of exercise is just so amazing for physical and mental health. Our bodies were designed to be physically exerted once in a while. There's just no way around that.

Good for you. (thumbs u

We have the same bodies as our ancestors did. They're designed to do the hard work required for survival; hunting, gathering wood and water and working on very little food. They are NOT designed to sit at a cubicle for 12 hours a day. I suspect humans will eventually evolve to be sedentary with no ill effects, but we're still wired for physical activity.

What you feel when you exert yourself physically is your body working the way it was designed to work. And this will have a tremendously positive effect on every aspect of your life. It amazes and saddens me that so many people go through life without this understanding, or are content to give up these benefits to satisfy their immediate cravings.

According to my DL I am 6'2". I think I am closer to 6'1" though.

I just realized that those outside the US who use the Metric system are shaking their heads.

F the rest of the world - everyone should conform to U.S. standards - it is traditional.

According to my DL I am 6'2". I think I am closer to 6'1" though.

I just realized that those outside the US who use the Metric system are shaking their heads.

F the rest of the world - everyone should conform to U.S. standards - it is traditional.

hm

Btw, what protein powders do you guys use, if any?

Hi mate,

I've used sooo many over time.. but I would strongly recommend:

Optimum Nutrition's 100% Gold Standard Whey. (I like "rich double choc" flavour). It's a clean mix, no wildly_fanciful_statement filler in it and some quality additions.

Honestly - this is awesome.. no bloating and I've had great gains.

That's for pre and post and throughout the day.

Scivation XTEND intra/during training. (Recommend either blue raspberry (powdered smurf) or Pineapple flavour). This is electrolytes and BCAA's. Think Gatorade.. only with balls and without sugar.

On incredibly sore DOMS days, I'll pop some Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Casein before bed.

Just because I'm in Canada doesn't mean I think you're 190cm

But it does mean you think wrong, and have a lower IQ than your average North Dakotan. :cool:

I'd like to issue an apology to myself: I'm sorry I haven't lifted a weight in years.

I have no explanation.

I thought it was because your boss was keeping you busy...,

I'd like to issue an apology to myself: I'm sorry I haven't lifted a weight in years.

I have no explanation.

That will be my new year's resolution, stop smoking, I will start working out and I will drink less beer...I have to prepare myself mentally for these changes from here until then....WOOOOOSHA WOOOOSHA

I have no explanation.

I thought it was because your boss was keeping you busy...,

:signofftopic: Only during the day :blush: