• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

apologizes and explanations

2,367 posts in this topic

You'd have a hard time finding a guy on the street who could lift his own bodyweight, but apparently, comic collectors are the master race.

You hear that ladies?

My chick has never seen me lift a thing. They just trust me when I tell 'em I can do it.

That's awesome. I'll just have to give it a crack... will do so tomorrow morning and report back!! :-)

Sounds like you're a beast, so it shouldn't take you long. It will probably just be about building that neural pathway so that you get the form down.

It takes me a while to make strength gains. I have a small bone structure and would be a weakling if I didn't spend so many years working out.

You're very kind mate!! Hopefully the neural pathways are all that's required. I reckon some grit might be needed too. :)

I'll take some lessons from you in that.

I can't believe I just read this post on this board.

Just pulled 505 at 179 BW and hoping to pull over 500 @ 165 this summer in comp. and take the MA state record.

I thought I was possibly the only person who read comic books and collected in the world that was pulling over 500...

Yeah - I thought that too.. Then I saw Tiny's posts. And now all the posts in here.. it's awesome.

If anyone also likes gaming.. then I recommend Fitocracy... It's gamification of a workout log. www.fitocracy.com - I like it there. Peeps are real friendly.

I've wasted all my time with calisthenics. I can do a gazillion push-ups and pull-ups, but my max lifts suck.

No waste at all mate. Bodyweight stuff is the most impressive IMO anyway.

Check this champion out:

I actually had that video in my favorites. Small world. lol

That's the kind of fitness I aspire to. I've been working on muscle-ups. Have you seen this dude?

That is awesome.

I wonder if I could do one.

smiley_nah.gif

Thanks for the affirmation.

:cloud9:

lol

lol

I would get one if I had to try all day. I am pathetically out of shape but I would get one. It would be the ugliest thing you had ever seen but see one you would.

Now I'm dying to try one. Might have to visit the monkey bars at the local school yard in minus 10 tomorrow.

:banana:

Be careful if you try. You can mess your shoulders up pretty bad.

Now I have to get at least one. Not tomorrow. But I will get one. :sumo:

After my first day of attempting them, I couldn't lift my left shoulder for a couple of days. I'm telling you this because I don't want to be held responsible if you snap your shlit up.

Also in general I find a good rule of thumb is you should be able to do 20 pullups before you start to attempt muscle ups. If you are not close to 20 pullups I would work on that first.

For me personally it all depends on my bodyweight. I can't do muscle ups over 175 ish, but when I get under 165 I can do them all day. I have been laying off them for awhile because they were screwing up my shoulders for powerlifting which is what I enjoy the most.

This is cool seeing weight lifting talk hitting the boards. I'm slowly getting back into shape. Before the holidays I was just getting under 200lbs the first time since I was in my early 20s.

My wife dragged me to the gym and I thought I would just go and run on the treadmill for 20 - 30 minutes and call it a day. They were running a "special" on personal trainers so I said why not. I was surprised how much I liked doing the weight lifts. I haven't done my max lifts in a loooong time so I can't remember.

The one thing that I have really gotten in to is kettelbells. I get such a kick out of doing workouts with them. Man-makers and turkish get-ups are things that I was doing every time I went to the gym.

For me personally it all depends on my bodyweight. I can't do muscle ups over 175 ish, but when I get under 165 I can do them all day. I have been laying off them for awhile because they were screwing up my shoulders for powerlifting which is what I enjoy the most.

It's weird how being good at one kind of exercise doesn't always translate to another. I can't lift nearly the weight you can, but I'm 185lbs and can do muscle-ups. I guess your body just gets good at whatever movements you practice the most.

The one thing that I have really gotten in to is kettelbells. I get such a kick out of doing workouts with them. Man-makers and turkish get-ups are things that I was doing every time I went to the gym.

Kettlebells are awesome. (thumbs u

This is cool seeing weight lifting talk hitting the boards. I'm slowly getting back into shape. Before the holidays I was just getting under 200lbs the first time since I was in my early 20s.

My wife dragged me to the gym and I thought I would just go and run on the treadmill for 20 - 30 minutes and call it a day. They were running a "special" on personal trainers so I said why not. I was surprised how much I liked doing the weight lifts. I haven't done my max lifts in a loooong time so I can't remember.

Good on you mate - that's awesome.

Agree with you on KBells - they're unreal. I love a good TGU!! :-)

I've started doing them inverted... i.e. KBell handle held so the weight is suspended, essentially holding the KBell upside down. That get's tricky when the weight goes up!

Eg pic (not of me): http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-B9vkbRMBECk/UKbIffng55I/AAAAAAAAAa4/eIFshCLQ9v8/s1600/IMG_2947.JPG

That is impressive.

One thing I could never stand is when guys work out their upper body at the expense of their lower body.

Fail.

If bicep curls are part of a workout routine, that routine automatically fails.

FINALLY! Someone speaks the truth. Can't stand seeing ppl do bicep curls. Easily one of the most useless exercises.

Btw, so glad I found this thread!

how are you managing to hold onto the bar? ive tried 550 many times, but i cant keep my hands clasp together.

and congrats.

What kind of grip are you using?

What stance are you using?

Are you using chalk on the bar and hands?

Are you deadlifting in shorts ( you have to baby powder the out of the tops of the thighs to prevent drag and hitching.

What kind of belt are you using?

Are you platform training?

Sorry, too many questions. Better P.M. me. lol

Just pulled 505 at 179 BW and hoping to pull over 500 @ 165 this summer in comp. and take the MA state record.

I thought I was possibly the only person who read comic books and collected in the world that was pulling over 500...

Hey COI, I have your dress ready.

:(

Don't be sad. I am wearing one as well.

how are you managing to hold onto the bar? ive tried 550 many times, but i cant keep my hands clasp together.

and congrats.

Are you deadlifting in shorts ( you have to baby powder the out of the tops of the thighs to prevent drag and hitching.

Pics or it didn't happen.

and congrats.

I knew you were into that stuff. I knew it.

and congrats.

I knew you were into that stuff. I knew it.

:takeit: