• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BUY-SELL-HOLD

383 posts in this topic

Saga is a BUY/HOLD for me.

Issue 1, 7 Ghost and 8 are key issues. The RRP and raw #1 might be out of people's price range and I can understand not wanting to go outside comfort zones. I would sell Blackacres to buy Saga :insane: . Will this be the next Walking Dead? Not a chance as far as I can tell. This book will stand on its own merit and just be flat out awesome.

Just sold all my Blackacre 1s to buy one Saga 1 RRP. Oh wait! No I didn't! Why is 8 a key issue? I'm reading the series and I don't feel like its key.

Saga

BUY

This is going to be a long ride and will gain new fans with the trades.

No original art for the big money guys to diversify in to.

Only 1 variant.

And...wait until the merchandising begins: figures, statues and t-shirts.

I think thats pretty key. Walking dead taught people to put some money in OA, and with Saga that's not an option, so that means more buyers of the high grade, high $$ books.

Why is there no OA? Is it all cgi?

Fiona Staples works 100% digitally.

pencils, inks and colors all digital.

no OA.

including covers from what I can tell.

I remember a DD artist a few years back was using digital pens as well Alex M.

So does this mean original art will disappear eventually? Seems like the artist are killing their own cash cow there.

no OA.

So does this mean original art will disappear eventually? Seems like the artist are killing their own cash cow there.

I think some of them realize that. The guy on East of West works digitally, he says, apart from specific pages that he thinks will sell well.

no OA.

I think some of them realize that. The guy on East of West works digitally, he says, apart from specific pages that he thinks will sell well.

Yeah, I've been told some artists are now hand-drawing covers and certain pages because they know they will sell & the rest is digital. Smart, really, because it could increase demand and prices for their work if its limited. I know all digital is quicker, but Fiona could be making bank selling only covers and 2-3 splashes/notable panel pages per month.

no OA.

what we were referring to, was the cover for the #7 variant(not by fiona), which does have OA, and people betting on what it would sell for.