• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wake by Scott Snyder

380 posts in this topic

Yesterday I was holding out for the trade, today I bought a regular cover and a 1:25 variant.

One day I'll wait for a trade on something.

lol

I really liked it. I'm really interested in the way that the 3 strories are going to tie together. Not many first issues make me wish I could get the second issue right away, but this is one of them.

Snyder is one of the best in the business right now.

Loved the story and art! Did you see on page 11 the hat she was wearing "The Flak Jackets"...little shout out to Punk Rock Jesus (Murphy's comic)

hmmm...that just gave me a good reason to go back and read it again. Good eye! I think I agree with everyone that so far this is a great read. So is everyone going to be grabbing the directors cut as well?

I've made comments earlier about the value & collectability of the Wake by comparing it to Severed. I said there were only 31 Severed issues were sent to CGC. Most of which were #1 variant copies from the San Diego CC.

I just remembered the Jetpack Comics Severed #1 sketch variant. It was limited to 1000 copies. And the only two that have been sent to CGC were submitted by me. (You can still find raw NM+ copies for $20).

My point is: The Wake, like most mini series, is not worth collecting for the sake of future returns. I am looking forward to reading it though.

Has there been one bad thing said about this release? If Scott Snyder wasn't so busy with 100 titles I wonder if he would come in here! This was seriously flawless. I keep going back to my spoiler post to look at that page.

Has there been one bad thing said about this release? If Scott Snyder wasn't so busy with 100 titles I wonder if he would come in here! This was seriously flawless. I keep going back to my spoiler post to look at that page.

There were only two *minor* critiques I had about it, but the book as a whole is absolutely solid.

http://www.newsarama.com/17945-best-shots-extra-reviews-cap-dark-knight-more.html

I think I cracked up Sean G. Murphy a bit over the word balloons point. :D

After reading it, it seems like this comic was made to be a movie. I would not be surprised to see it coming out, or being announced soon after the final issues hit.

All comics lately are made to be movies or TV shows. Cant blame a writer for trying to cash in with all the money floating around lately.

Okay he got my attention. This reminds me alot of The Vault from last year. I am on for all 10 issues. Same type of beginning premise.

A good writer envelopes you into the story and all of sudden you turn the last page and your done. Thats how this book reads very nice pleasantly suprised. I think Snyder is the new Johns of DC.