• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wake by Scott Snyder

380 posts in this topic

This is quickly becoming my favorite series of the year, if not the last few years. The writing and art is just so damn good. And concerning the last page of this issue...

The last page is ominous. It is almost like a part pirahna in him with the bite,

Yep, this is definitely in the top part of my monthly stack. I gave a set to my bro and he liked it better than anything else I've given him and thats saying a lot because I've handed him, EOW, Five Ghosts, Helheim, Superior Spider-man, Uber, Uncanny X-Men, and a few others. He said he liked them all and especially EOW and Five Ghosts but this was numero uno. This book rocks !

I would pay to see it. I read this book again today. There is a lot to take in is the background and worth a second look. I'm surprised this book isn't abolutely blowing up right now. I know its a mini but so was Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, and Wolverine's first series. The writer and artist are absolutely killing it. i wish it was going past number 10.

My Severed comics just came back from CGC:

#1 = 9.6

#1 variant = 9.8

Another #1 variant = 9.8

#7 = 9.8

This weekend I will post my latest submissions to the proper thread.

I have two of the three Severed #1 JetPack comics variant (limited to 1, 000) 9.8 CGC graded comics.

The third one is SS and was recently submitted (26-Jul-2013).

Do any of you boardies have any slabbed Severed comics? There isn't many of us. (shrug)

Got this awhile back...forgot to post it! Issue #1, Page 11

YOO_0001_zpsf6ce4770.jpg

Awesome!

I have to say the last issue really made this good. That last page was intense. I feel like this has to be a blood bath, but considering we have a lot of issues left I guess that won't be the case.

I have got to say, supremely happy to have picked up this page:

IMG_3621_zps20943f59.jpg

I think the spoiler wait period is over enough that I can post this...

It is. And that's awesome. (thumbs u

That particular page looks better to me in black and white. I love the colors in the story and I'm glad they are there. I think this book has great pencils and would take an even darker tone in B&W. 2c

Just picked up the first three issues and am kicking myself for passing this up in the first place. There are elements of the story that have been played over extensively in various comics/movies/tv, but it still is an excellent read and great artwork.

The poacher/hunter's (i forgot his name already) last meal panel had me chuckling.