• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wake by Scott Snyder

380 posts in this topic

You guys serious - The Vault (a comparison stated above) has bombed even with Depp buying the film rights - and Murphys 'Punk Rock Jesus' was hailed as the best thing since sliced bread - except it didn't sell, either on the first or second markets.

Buyer beware!

2c

I know this is shocking, but I'm pretty sure most people in this thread just want to read the book. Markets and film rights be damned.

You guys serious - The Vault (a comparison stated above) has bombed even with Depp buying the film rights - and Murphys 'Punk Rock Jesus' was hailed as the best thing since sliced bread - except it didn't sell, either on the first or second markets.

Buyer beware!

2c

I know this is shocking, but I'm pretty sure most people in this thread just want to read the book. Markets and film rights be damned.

Agreed. Cant wait for the trade!

Just recapping for everyone. 10 issue series. It releases May 1, so you will be able to order it this afternoon. 2 covers. Regular and 1:25 variant. I am looking forward to this a lot. I switch my Midtown Previews orders from monthly shipping to weekly shipping to get this as soon as I can.

And a recap for everyone:

“THERE’S SOMETHING DOWN THERE…”

When Marine Biologist Lee Archer is approached by the Department of Homeland Security for help with a new threat, she declines, but quickly realizes they won’t take no for an answer. Soon she is plunging to the depths of the Arctic Circle to a secret, underwater oilrig where they’ve discovered something miraculous and terrifying...

Writer Scott Snyder (BATMAN, AMERICAN VAMPIRE) and artist Sean Murphy (PUNK ROCK JESUS) bring their acclaimed talents to this sci-fi/horror epic that explores the horrors of the deep, probes the origins of human history, and leaps far beyond to a frightening future.

Buyer beware!

2c

+1

I couldn't give a rats azz about first or secondary markets. I'm in for anything Sean Murphy is involved with...

And Punk Rock Jesus WAS the best book of 2012 IMO.

I'm looking forward to this book. Anything I have read by Snyder is great and from what I've seen from Murphy in the art department is awesome!

Although the release date getting pushed further and further back has me a little worried since this is only issue #1

I'm so hyped for this title. Vertigo has been putting out great series for years. I wasn't around during YTLM, DMZ, or even American Vampire being released, but lately it seems like they are really overlooked compared to Image and now even publishers like Boom and Oni. I can't wait for next week.

I remember seeing it having a 1:25 incentive variant in Previews. None listed on Midtown though. I wonder what happened.

Midtown will be having a signing in store with Snyder and Murphy.

I remember seeing it having a 1:25 incentive variant in Previews. None listed on Midtown though. I wonder what happened.

Midtown will be having a signing in store with Snyder and Murphy.

I saw that in the weekly email. Does that mean they are holding all the 1:25?

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/The-Wake-1-%28of-10%29-%28Variant-Cover-Edition%29___427060