• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics... 9.8......

186 posts in this topic

Steve, I've got a question, and it's one of the main reasons I'm a little ticked at the transaction. Now I assumed buying NM+ 9.6 to 9.8 copies from a reputable company like Metropolis would *at least* get me 9.2-9.4 copies, so I didn't really go over the return policy with a fine-tooth comb:

"Returned merchandise must be received by us within seven (7) days of the date from which you contact us regarding the return."

I took one look at that, felt I had been reamed enough on one transaction, so I decided to at least keep the books and not get them down there in 9-10 days. Otherwise, I'm spending lots of cash for a courier to guarantee a less-than 7-day delivery time.

How in the world, without using a big $$$ courier services, could a non-US buyer ever qualify for a return from Metro?

7 days where does it say 7 days?

This from my website-

OUR RETURN POLICY: We're certain you'll be happy with your merchandise. We take extra care to fully describe our items, including any flaws. If you have any questions regarding any of the items you are ordering, please email us at: orders@metropoliscomics.com before placing your order. If the rare occasion arises where you feel you must return an item, please contact us for return instructions within ten (10) days (by phone or email) of receipt of your item(s). Upon our receipt and inspection of the returned item(s), we will issue a refund or credit for your item(s) if returned in the same condition as it was when originally sent to you, excluding shipping/insurance costs. Buyer is responsible for return shipping/insurance costs, which will not be reimbursed for any reason. Returned merchandise must be received by us within seven (7) days of the date from which you contact us regarding the return.

When returning merchandise, please ship your books in the same packaging Metropolis used to send your order. Be sure all cardboard slabs are taped tightly to prohibit movement of the books between them. Insurance and delivery confirmation of returns is entirely your responsibility. Books returned to Metropolis in packaging other than our own or in packaging that has not been taped and sealed sufficiently will not be accepted. If you’ve any questions about this policy and how to pack your books, or if our packaging was damaged in transit to you, please call (800) 229-6387 before shipping your return.

OUR DAMAGE POLICY: We take extra precautions to pack our orders to prevent damage and breakage. If despite our efforts your order does arrive damaged, please do the following: If your order was delivered by UPS, please contact UPS for instructions. If your order was shipped by U.S. Mail, take the entire order (all contents and all original packing material) to your local U.S. Post Office to file a claim. The U.S. Post Office will send the claim to us for processing. Do not repack and do not mail the damaged items back to us. This will void the U.S. Post Office insurance and we will not be able to give you a refund.

Here is the link for anybody interested-

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/terms.html#return

VZ

Steve, I've got a question, and it's one of the main reasons I'm a little ticked at the transaction. Now I assumed buying NM+ 9.6 to 9.8 copies from a reputable company like Metropolis would *at least* get me 9.2-9.4 copies, so I didn't really go over the return policy with a fine-tooth comb:

"Returned merchandise must be received by us within seven (7) days of the date from which you contact us regarding the return."

I took one look at that, felt I had been reamed enough on one transaction, so I decided to at least keep the books and not get them down there in 9-10 days. Otherwise, I'm spending lots of cash for a courier to guarantee a less-than 7-day delivery time.

How in the world, without using a big $$$ courier services, could a non-US buyer ever qualify for a return from Metro?

*and of course if it takes a little longer we are not going to make a big deal of it. I have accepted books that have been received two weeks after the customer had received the books...

7 days where does it say 7 days? This from my website-

Err, Vince - it says 7 days here from your web site posting: Returned merchandise must be received by us within seven (7) days of the date from which you contact us regarding the return.

Or am I missing something? confused.gif

PS - got another group of DC BA 9.4 - 9.6 on its way from you folk. grin.gif

Im laughing because that looks more like crapola fever than Picasso fever! Where are the profiled noses on foreheads, ferchrissakes?? Ill bet Kaluta doesnt even like Picasso!

Hey! Don't you go dissing my Kaluta!

I think it is a stupid cover - but just this side of stupid that I like it! grin.gif

Pov, glad you liked the books. I had some 9.8 that were basically 9.2s, but as you say you pay a little more but generally get better grading than "the other guys".

Nice SOHH by the way!

7 days where does it say 7 days? This from my website-

Err, Vince - it says 7 days here from your web site posting: Returned merchandise must be received by us within seven (7) days of the date from which you contact us regarding the return.

Or am I missing something? confused.gif

PS - got another group of DC BA 9.4 - 9.6 on its way from you folk. grin.gif

Since Vince doesn't get back here every day, let me offer how I took his response. Rather than 7 days from receipt of the package, Vince is saying the policy is 7 days from the time the buyer calls Metro to say he/she wants to return.

He also says they have a lot of slack in enforcing the policy.

Everything's negotiable, right? The problem is, some folks seem to prefer fighting/sulking/person_without_enough_empathying to working things out like adults. thumbsup2.gif

Everything's negotiable, right? The problem is, some folks seem to prefer fighting/sulking/person_without_enough_empathying to working things out like adults. thumbsup2.gif

You can't be talking about THIS board, can you? 27_laughing.gif

For the record......

I had a nice chat with Vincent on the phone yesterday and this is what I came away with.......

a) He is passionate about his business.

b) He considers every transaction part of a long-term relationship he is seeking to build with the customer.

c) He is definitely looking to improve every aspect of the business he helps operate.

He took quite some time to discuss this with me, and I came away with more awareness of where he has been coming from.

I still reserve the right to disagree with him, but I'll also give him the courtesy of going to him first if I have any problems with anything I purchase from Metropolis, just as I would with Blazing Bob, Doug, or any of the other dealers I work with.

Red