• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

Freshly Delivered from Court and Brian. This is one of my favorite pieces right now. I forgot how big the sheet is Brian draws on!!!!!! The detail in the witches face is awesome. And I love the teeth breaking from the snake. OH man this is brutal. Going on my wall tonight!!!!!

37p09_zpsa6eb72b4.jpg

I've been admiring all of the art on this thread for some time, but wanted to wait till I had something fresh before I made my first post. This just came in today, and I think it qualifies. Transmetropolitan #17 cover by Dave Gibbons:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1092647.

I don't yet know how to post pictures directly into threads, but check out the link if you're interested!

Thanks Solar, and I completely agree. While it certainly has it's fans, I think that maybe a lot of people get turned off by it early before Spider's redeeming qualities manifest themselves in the story. Somewhere between the 'F' bombs, violence, and drugs, Ellis manages to develop a profound social commentary. That's my 2c anyway!