• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

Picked this up today, Omega The Unknown #1, page 22 by Farel Dalrymple from the 2007-08 reboot. I love how the last panel is almost identical to the original 1976 series. If you're a Dalrymple / Omega fan and in or near Philly, Locust Moon has a bunch of his pages

:cloud9:

Had a wild week of OA deliveries, from Sheltered, Rat Queens, The Wake, Wild Blue Yonder, Manifest Destiny [posted in other threads], as well as these two gems: a Locke & Key cover, and the pencils for a terrific R'as splash page from Red Hood & the Outlaws by Julius Gopez.

IMG_5509_zps9e3d9ccb.jpg

IMG_5511_zps7f284cfe.jpg

Getting another Locke & Key cover is really special, as they are so few and far between. The pencils on Red Hood by Julius Gopez are stunning in person; comiconart.com just got the shipment of OA for his run and has them for sale if you want to check them out. There are some really great pages there.

Bleeding Cool on modern OA:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03/19/will-this-manhattan-projects-original-artwork-cliffhanger-make-another-big-splash/

Obviously, I'm happy with the article because of the plug for the MANHATTAN PROJECTS auction. But I'm still impressed with how the writer has been paying attention...I had no idea about that YTLM sale, for example. I have no doubt older collectors, or those who haven't read new comics in years, are scratching their heads. However, the interest is clearly there. And it's not just for standard Marvel/DC superhero art. As someone who's focused more on creators than corporate-owned characters in my collecting, I think that's cool.

Added today, another published Harley Quinn cover to my growing collection. :whee:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1108606&GSub=151866

Origin issue ? Nice pick, no, great pick. (thumbs u

Thanks! Its been available on CaF a few weeks and I only discovered it last night. Sealed a deal for it this morning. Yes, the cover of the book states origin of HQ. I never read it, so I cant say. I do like "new look" Harley, so this cover works into my collection easy enough.

Finally updated my CAF. Feel free to take a look using the link in my signature.

A few new highlights:

Rahsan Ekedal Think Tank 1 page 9

image_zps47542e0b.jpg

Brain Hurtt Sixth gun 20 page 5. Two pieces due to Brian's re-design of the guns.

sixthgun20page5a_zpsd4843379.jpg

sixthgun20page5b_zps61fe4d96.jpg

Wes Craig Guardians of the galaxy 19 page 13

guardiansofthegalaxy19page13_zps2d352f1d.jpg

Thanks for looking (thumbs u

Cheers!

this was a no brainer to pick up from Señor Court :banana:

ZHVtOIzQ_2703140657081.jpg

Great choice on the Tiger Lily...that is a tremendous splash! Once Tyler started adding inkwash to his Peter Panzerfaust pages instead of just inking and letting the colorist work out the shading, the OA took on so much more depth. This is a great example of his evolution as an artist.

this was a no brainer to pick up from Señor Court :banana:

Great choice on the Tiger Lily...that is a tremendous splash! Once Tyler started adding inkwash to his Peter Panzerfaust pages instead of just inking and letting the colorist work out the shading, the OA took on so much more depth. This is a great example of his evolution as an artist.

It was fun watching him progress. I started chasing pages around Issue #9 when Hook mania set in. Once the Wolf train and Indian covers hit I knew it was on like Donkey Kong. Now he fills the entire page out instead of wasting all that empty space. It has taken his work to the next level.

Have you seen the Tyler commissions Court posted recently? (worship) this one really blew me away....and made me want another commish

83547e0dbaf812120bf9984844f5580d.jpg