• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

Locust Moon in Philly shared this on their FB page, thought I'd pass the info along for any Arthur Adams / Usagi Yojimbo collectors. Very pricey..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAN-SAKAI-AUCTION-Original-ART-ADAMS-Art-USAGI-YOJIMBO-Pen-Ink-Wash-BEAUTIFUL-/131151491856?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e893cf310

wow that's fantastic. holla to the east PA crew!

thanks to Felix for hooking this one up. The colors really blew me away on the final cover as well. I would love to get an overlay done of the masthead. Any recommendations on how I go about that?

d7jryEot_2703140656011.jpg

jan140588.jpg

Saw that in the other thread, recall it selling on ebay for a nice price a while back. Awesome DPS, I agree with what others have said and have before said that it's one of the best examples of zombie art from Adlard... the only other ones (zdps) that immediately spring to mind ... well one of them you already own anyway and the other is the herd from #59.

(forgot to mention that there are a lot of great updates in this thread as of late in my previous post)

Just bought this and am now eagerly awaiting it's arrival. A nice double-page spread showing Skinner Sweets history from American Vampire Second Cycle #1.

22503.jpg

Edited by artistlost

thanks to Felix for hooking this one up. The colors really blew me away on the final cover as well. I would love to get an overlay done of the masthead. Any recommendations on how I go about that?

Just photocopy the book scaled up to match the OA size and cut out the masthead (shrug)

Ive done something similar by scanning the book and modifying in Photoshop. See 'Additional Images' at bottom

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1075402

I did mine on regular paper and cut out the pieces for the old-school look, but you can print on acetate for a clear overlay.

Just photocopy the book scaled up to match the OA size and cut out the masthead (shrug)

Ive done something similar by scanning the book and modifying in Photoshop. See 'Additional Images' at bottom

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1075402

I did mine on regular paper and cut out the pieces for the old-school look, but you can print on acetate for a clear overlay.

sweet im going to try that. thanks for the advice.

Nice cover from Carmine the great too!! (worship)

What's the best place to sell OA i assume ebay i have some pieces i am interested in selling very soon thanks.

Not that I have much experience but the forum OA marketplace seems a good place to start but of course you'll get the most eyes on ebay (for a quick turnaround) or clink auction (for a slower turn around)

Here's a piece I picked up this past weekend at ECCC - Dustin Nguyen's painted variant cover to Batman 7, from the Court of Owls storyline:

Batman07Cover_Nguyen_zps539288b6.jpg

Very Nice Court!!

What's the best place to sell OA i assume ebay i have some pieces i am interested in selling very soon thanks.

Whatcha selling? :popcorn: I'd try and post it here first. (thumbs u