• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

That's a good chunk of OA right there. Have you waded into the OA waters before?

( :gossip: I don't think anyone gives a rat's about the frames... impressed that you actually did it, seeing as I have had stuff still lying around, sat in the packaging it came in for nearing 2 years now)

Thanks and I appreciate the info about the frames.

I've been buying for about the last 10 months or so. I didn't purchase all of these MD pages at one time, but I've been buying here or there.

Here's my CAF site: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=33554

(Still... get them framed properly if you are going to display them long term :P )

Neat CAF... are you just collecting moderns?

That's a good chunk of OA right there. Have you waded into the OA waters before?

( :gossip: I don't think anyone gives a rat's about the frames... impressed that you actually did it, seeing as I have had stuff still lying around, sat in the packaging it came in for nearing 2 years now)

Thanks and I appreciate the info about the frames.

I've been buying for about the last 10 months or so. I didn't purchase all of these MD pages at one time, but I've been buying here or there.

Here's my CAF site: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=33554

(Still... get them framed properly if you are going to display them long term :P )

Neat CAF... are you just collecting moderns?

Thanks! At the moment, modern OA is my focus, but I would love to get some older art in the future. I know what moderns I enjoy reading and try to target that OA. When you get past modern age OA, there is just so much to choose from that I would like to dive into that I'm a little cautious about getting in over my head.

Just ask... Most of us know how to get in contact with the artist or artists' rep.

If you want to browse available art, here's a running thread that list most dealer sites

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=894229#Post894229

What are you looking for?

Usually a google search of:

"artist's name" original art

will bring you close to the right place. or find them on facebook / twitter and ask.

Speaking of finding an artist for original art...

I am trying to buy art from Jason Latour's Southern Bastards but am having no luck getting a hold of the artist. I have found his webiste but no luck getting a reply. Anyone know if he is only digital or if he has a rep?

Thanks

Just ask... Most of us know how to get in contact with the artist or artists' rep.

If you want to browse available art, here's a running thread that list most dealer sites

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=894229#Post894229

What are you looking for?

Usually a google search of:

"artist's name" original art

will bring you close to the right place. or find them on facebook / twitter and ask.

You had to give the obvious answer, didn't you? lol

I am trying to buy art from Jason Latour's Southern Bastards but am having no luck getting a hold of the artist. I have found his webiste but no luck getting a reply. Anyone know if he is only digital or if he has a rep?

Thanks

I had a long conversation with Jason about the SB art, and he's not selling any of it. Simply put, he "doesn't need the money".

Thanks

I had a long conversation with Jason about the SB art, and he's not selling any of it. Simply put, he "doesn't need the money".

Hi Court,

Thanks! Oh and nice rmG cover from SB!

mathew

Thanks

Hi Court,

Thanks! Oh and nice rmG cover from SB!

mathew

Thanks Mathew! (thumbs u

Thanks

Thanks from me as well! I came to this thread to ask that very same question.

I'm so amped to have picked up this page... and it somehow survived the voyage from Spain in shoddy packing unscathed.

Letter44_1_page4.jpg

Nicely done. The first appearance of the eponymous Letter 44!

My package arrived in really good condition last night.

I'm so amped to have picked up this page... and it somehow survived the voyage from Spain in shoddy packing unscathed.

Letter44_1_page4.jpg

Nicely done. The first appearance of the eponymous Letter 44!

My package arrived in really good condition last night.

did you nab that cover to issue #2? that one and the first "alien zone" page looked really nice as well.

Yes and yes (the first alien page lacks a little punch in black and white though). Also got that Chandelier splash page. I wonder if I'm clouded by the knowledge that they are making a TV series out of it, but the art has a polished storyboard feel to it. Solid sequential storytelling and a novel premise.