• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

Nailbiter #1 Eh Variant by Mike Rooth :cloud9:

Mike Rooth is awesome. He did a great commission for me years ago. Dude should be huge.

I know, right?

Heres two other pieces he did for me, one he's working on today

wickeddivine01-CovF-front-R2_zpsb985fbe4.jpg

photo3_zps9c815458.jpg

Guys a machine

I picked up a pair of Scott Pilgrim pieces from Felix's sale.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1131828

Nice one. You did well to snag those... I have seen bullet trains move slower than the art in that sale! Did you realise it was all going that quick or had you gotten in right at the start?

I got them both pretty quick. I definitely noticed the ferocity in which they were selling though (which blew my mind). I would have picked up more if they weren't already gone to someone quicker than me. I think the 1st offering sold out in less than 24 hours. I got the advance email on the 2nd batch so I was able to pick up the "Finest Hour" page on the first day as well.

I picked up a pair of Scott Pilgrim pieces from Felix's sale.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1131828

Nice one. You did well to snag those... I have seen bullet trains move slower than the art in that sale! Did you realise it was all going that quick or had you gotten in right at the start?

I got them both pretty quick. I definitely noticed the ferocity in which they were selling though (which blew my mind). I would have picked up more if they weren't already gone to someone quicker than me. I think the 1st offering sold out in less than 24 hours. I got the advance email on the 2nd batch so I was able to pick up the "Finest Hour" page on the first day as well.

(thumbs u

OK so I'm only in this hobby because of one thing, and that's because of Joss Whedon and (more importantly) John Cassaday's work on Astonishing X-men. It was the first book I bought back in '04 and I haven't looked back. Needless to say I always wanted to own a great page from that series. Never did I think I'd own a double page spread AND another great wolverine action page! Definitely a grail of grails for me:

E59B9BB7-FD4E-41E9-9A12-E2826E072520_zpsmezs2ucx.jpg

DSC05626_zpse0ec2d90.jpg

Screenshot2014-06-24at31046PM_zpsc7668dee.png

I rarely post in here about a new addition, but I think this one is worthy of it. :grin:

The 1:25 variant cover for Rocket Raccoon #1 by David Petersen. Comments aren't necessary, but always appreciated. Thanks!

Rocket Raccoon #1 - Petersen Variant Cover

:applause:

Now somewhere in the black mountain hills of Dakota

There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon