• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Dringenberg - :-(

722 posts in this topic

don't act like its not a communal pool.

Either way you still wouldn't be allowed in it.

Just keep thinking you're better than people who arn't members of the CGC boards forum.

I'm sure that will get you your own pool that you can some day tell me to clean.

Why are you so pissed off and combative?

Theres a difference between being bullied and being "pissed off".

I am having a hard time accepting that you are being bullied. When you fire away at people, you have to expect that fire to be returned. I see your interactions with many people here as a duet that both parties entered into knowingly.

^^

This. This is a trap. . . right?

lol

(thumbs u

If you feel the need to remove me from ignore just so you can send a little pissy baby PM, why don't you do it in public? I don't miss your bloated self important whiny little wastes of letters you called an attempt to communicate with others. Stay mute and pretend you're taking the high road, you poser.

It is painful how obtuse you are. Literally painful.

How do you live your life?

eoi-neutered-1.jpg

Just keep thinking you're better than people who arn't members of the CGC boards forum.

I'm sure that will get you your own pool that you can some day tell me to clean.

Why are you so pissed off and combative?

Theres a difference between being bullied and being "pissed off".

I am having a hard time accepting that you are being bullied. When you fire away at people, you have to expect that fire to be returned. I see your interactions with many people here as a duet that both parties entered into knowingly.

^^

This. This is a trap. . . right?

lol

(thumbs u

If you feel the need to remove me from ignore just so you can a little pissy baby PM, why don't you do it in public? I don't miss your bloated self important whiny little wastes of letters you called an attempt to communicate with others. Stay mute and pretend you're taking the high road, you poser.

[

It is painful how obtuse you are. Literally painful.

How do you live your life?

eoi-neutered-1.jpg

lol

Generation Y, also known as the Millennial Generation... considers Millennials along with younger Gen Xers to be part of a generation called Generation Me. This is based on personality surveys that showed increasing narcissism among Millennials compared to preceding generations when they were teens and in their twenties.... attributes confidence and tolerance to the Millennials, as well as a sense of entitlement, narcissism and rejection of social conventions....

From Wikipedia.

One comments, eventually, that the "collector" mentality is a good point. FFS. Where did the source story linked in the article come from? Not the "collector's society" ... surely there's no collector's there.

/rant

Good to see a few of you guys over there, as a child of the 80s/90s comic scene, it always saddens me a bit how much the joy of collecting has been sidelined by a segment of mainstream comic fandom (and I always try to help make sure BC covers collector-oriented topics).

I hope so. It has felt dangerously close to -5 for Sadfan a couple of times!!

I do not like it when dogpack members get -5, particularly when their books were defaced.

One other item to note: I've been reading the Bleeding Cool thread and I will say this: I am not even sure that Mike Dringenberg even thinks that he did anything wrong. I'm not even sure that Mike knows that people are angry about this. The one thing I do know is this: Mike has a hell of an art rep who cares a great deal about his client and his rep wants to make this right. I sincerely hope that Mike, after some reflection, understands that he made a mistake. Regardless of what happens, I have a lot of respect for Mike's rep and would work with him without hesitation.

I am really sorry for Sean and his book that was ruined and for Menace and for what happened to his wife.

The sad part of all of this is that Dringerberg is now fully aware of the fact that he messed up and everybody in the hobby knows about it, and still, not him or his rep. have done anything to fix this, not an apologise comment, not a gesture, nothing.

That's a shame, and it speak out aloud what kind of person he is.

He should be banned from every comic related event.

I do not like it when dogpack members get -5, particularly when their books were defaced.

One other item to note: I've been reading the Bleeding Cool thread and I will say this: I am not even sure that Mike Dringenberg even thinks that he did anything wrong. I'm not even sure that Mike knows that people are angry about this. The one thing I do know is this: Mike has a hell of an art rep who cares a great deal about his client and his rep wants to make this right. I sincerely hope that Mike, after some reflection, understands that he made a mistake. Regardless of what happens, I have a lot of respect for Mike's rep and would work with him without hesitation.

I am really sorry for Sean and his book that was ruined and for Menace and for what happened to his wife.

The sad part of all of this is that Dringerberg is now fully aware of the fact that he messed up and everybody in the hobby knows about it, and still, not him or his rep. have done anything to fix this, not an apologise comment, not a gesture, nothing.

His rep is working to fix this.

from the site:

"It’s been nearly two decades since Mike Dringenberg has made an official convention appearance"

...and Im guessing it will be another two before he does it again...

from the site:

"It’s been nearly two decades since Mike Dringenberg updated his hair style"

...and Im guessing it will be another two before he does it again...

Fixed.

when im at work most of the gifs and most of the pictures people post do not show up. that has made me mad when i have missed a book in a sales thread or wanted to see some of the pictures posted in certain threads.

after going through this thread i see now for once it has worked in my favor. i havnt had to see jimmy l. at the end of each of his posts.

No offense, but his rep working to fix this is damage control. His rep makes (part of) his living off the success/revenue of Dringerberg, so Im sure his rep is working to fix this. He needs to make a statement, apologize for his actions (both to SF and Menace's wife, and anyone else he was an arse to at ECCC and say what his plans are going forward for future cons (signing fee, donations to Heroes fund, always personalizing books, etc).

Sandman was a pretty medium bridging book in its time. Im sure there are Sandman fans for whom that is their only connection to the comic book world. So to imagine that one of those fans may have come to ECCC to meet Dringerberg, experienced his salty version of "fan appreciation", and now has no interest in returning to the world of cons and comics, well thats a sad idea.

Dringer's rep could show up here with Sandman OA, and a full color commission from Dringer for seanf to "fix things" but its going to ring very hollow.

Generation Y, also known as the Millennial Generation... considers Millennials along with younger Gen Xers to be part of a generation called Generation Me. This is based on personality surveys that showed increasing narcissism among Millennials compared to preceding generations when they were teens and in their twenties.... attributes confidence and tolerance to the Millennials, as well as a sense of entitlement, narcissism and rejection of social conventions....

From Wikipedia.

In the end, I still believe it's a common, quite hypocritical double standard. If it had played out the other way, I wonder how long it would have been before a tirade was posted about socially-handicapped fanboys not caring about the time, effort and expense the creator had invested in attending the event and placing their work on the table?

No offense, but his rep working to fix this is damage control. His rep makes (part of) his living off the success/revenue of Dringerberg, so Im sure his rep is working to fix this. He needs to make a statement, apologize for his actions (both to SF and Menace's wife, and anyone else he was an arse to at ECCC and say what his plans are going forward for future cons (signing fee, donations to Heroes fund, always personalizing books, etc).

Sandman was a pretty medium bridging book in its time. Im sure there are Sandman fans for whom that is their only connection to the comic book world. So to imagine that one of those fans may have come to ECCC to meet Dringerberg, experienced his salty version of "fan appreciation", and now has no interest in returning to the world of cons and comics, well thats a sad idea.

Dringer's rep could show up here with Sandman OA, and a full color commission from Dringer for seanf to "fix things" but its going to ring very hollow.

None taken, but here are some other facts that may have been missed:

1) Mike's rep and I talked on Monday, well before the Bleeding Cool story. It may be part damage control, but I believe that the rep genuinely feels bad that this happens and, in part blames himself for not being there and not talking to Mike in advance about CGC. Mike's rep wants this taken care of. If people don't believe that, that's their choice. It's likely that some people wouldn't be satisfied if Mike himself came on here and apologized.

2) You may have your demands for what Mike or his rep should do, but I've talked with Sean and Jake already about the fix and both seem satisfied. If neither is, they can contact me.

3) When I originally announced the fix, it was because Mike's art rep requested that I do so on his behalf. Whether it's ok with you or not, I certainly consider that about the same as Mike's art rep making a statement.

4) From all accounts that I heard and witnessed, Mike was amazing with his fans. He went above and beyond on his commissions. As far as we know, he was unpleasant to a few people looking for CGC signatures (myself included).

I think it's unfair and unbecoming to attack Mike's rep on this. He's working on it. I don't think that attacking him will help resolve the issue and will only make it more likely that he'll say "f this, screw CGC, let these guys have their defaced books." That is my opinion. Nothing more.

Was a fix announced publicly? Just been glancing over the thread and may have missed it.

I hope no one is doubting that the Rep is trying to do everything in his power to make this right, but it does all fall back on Mike. He should make a public apology to his fans.