• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

Just to recap for the new readers: 

Preface: Joe Peck's claims of impossible same day USPS delivery, wrong images, and 9.8s looking like 9.8s, led me to believe he was a KellySH shill.

1) addressing the issue of claimed same day delivery, I asked Joe Peck if he picked it up locally or it was delivered, to which he answered, "Yes. apparently, we live in the same area, so yes" 

2) that changed later to his receiving it via USPS priority mail and then he showed an image of a book he bought from a SILVERAGE12C iisting, not the book from KellySH listing. He then challenged me to  prove that the book he bought from SILVERAGE12C was not the book from KellySH. I took the challenge by posting the images of the three books. The one from his scanner, the one from SILVERAGE12C's listings and the one from KELLYSH's listing that he clained was the one he received the next day via local pickup.

3) At that point I ebay messaged KellySH to call his attention to the thread and to ask about all the discrepancies in Peck's story.

4) KellySH stated that the book wasn't yet sent, was scheduled to ship 2 days later, and told me it didn't matter, it's a lost cause. 

5) I asked for anything that would show the book wasn't mailed or that the book was still with him

6) He sent ebay message attachments, images of his items awaiting shipment screen confirming that he didn't send the book.

7) I related that information and images here.and now due to that am accused of being a scumbag and a shill. 

Is this about right? 

On 11/3/2021 at 1:56 PM, James J Johnson said:

Preface: Joe Peck's claims of impossible same day USPS delivery, wrong images, and 9.8s looking like 9.8s, led me to believe he was a KellySH shill.

1) addressing the issue of claimed same day delivery, I asked Joe Peck if he picked it up locally or it was delivered, to which he answered, "Yes. apparently, we live in the same area, so yes" 

2) that changed later to his receiving it via USPS priority mail and then he showed an image of a book he bought from a SILVERAGE12C iisting, not the book from KellySH listing. He then challenged me to  prove that the book he bought from SILVERAGE12C was not the book from KellySH. I took the challenge by posting the images of the three books. The one from his scanner, the one from SILVERAGE12C's listings and the one from KELLYSH's listing that he clained was the one he received the next day via local pickup.

3) At that point I ebay messaged KellySH to call his attention to the thread and to ask about all the discrepancies in Peck's story.

4) KellySH stated that the book wasn't yet sent, was scheduled to ship 2 days later, and told me it didn't matter, it's a lost cause. 

5) I asked for anything that would show the book wasn't mailed or that the book was still with him

6) He sent ebay message attachments, images of his items awaiting shipment screen confirming that he didn't send the book.

7) I related that information and images here.and now due to that am accused of being a scumbag and a shill. 

Is this about right? 

Yes.  I have doubts about #3 and 4, but the start and the finish are correct.    

On 11/3/2021 at 10:56 AM, James J Johnson said:

Is this about right? 

8) sometimes bodybuilders look like a uterus 

9) balloon animals aren't just for kids

Is this about right?

I want to believe you, but I think the concern over no one vouching for your identity is valid. 2c

Is this about right? 

For the record, I never called you a schill or questioned your identity. Without hard evidence, that is misguided... At least from someone like me who never knew DD and wasn't around for Hammer time. I even defended you against the idea of having to prove your identity. 

Where I won't mince words is talking about DD. He has been horrible for the hobby. A con who has intentionally and deliberately ripped off hundreds of people and damaged or manipulated thousands of comic books. 

And I imagine a person who dedicates time and energy to taking down frauds would be equally disgusted by his behavior. 

On 11/3/2021 at 11:30 AM, KCOComics said:

For the record, I never called you a schill or questioned your identity. Without hard evidence, that is misguided... At least from someone like me who never knew DD and wasn't around for Hammer time. I even defended you against the idea of having to prove your identity. 

Where I won't mince words is talking about DD. He has been horrible for the hobby. A con who has intentionally and deliberately ripped off hundreds of people and damaged or manipulated thousands of comic books. 

And I imagine a person who dedicates time and energy to taking down frauds would be equally disgusted by his behavior. 

All excellent points. And for the record, I addressed the question as to why I never attempted a take down of KellySH listings. I go by images. That's my starting point.

For instance, someone will show an Iron Man 55 just purchased raw on ebay from a seller, any seller, listed as a NM or NM+. I'll take a look. Usually in the spare a grade section. I'll scan the net to see more, online imagery of the book, which may be better than the image the memeber shares here, or even more pics than the member posted. Aside from my initial impression of whether the book is restored or not, what I'm looking for in the raw image are indicators that tell me that in all likelyhood, the books was once slabbed. 

But if the image I'm studying either does not look like a restored book (if supposed to be unrestored) or show and indication of having been once slabbed, then it's a dead end. This can occur for one or both of two reasons

1) the book was never slabbed, or

2) the image simply isn't sufficiently defined for me to pick up the indicators I need to go looking for identifying matches. 

These two items above, both due to weak angles and unclear images are why I can't go further than step 1.

On 11/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I want to believe you, but I think the concern over no one vouching for your identity is valid. 2c

I haven't been to a comic convention in 10 years. And certainly not to any hobby stores in the past 2. With Heritage, Link, Connect, ebay, etc., who needs to? 

On 11/4/2021 at 4:46 AM, James J Johnson said:

I haven't been to a comic convention in 10 years. And certainly not to any hobby stores in the past 2. With Heritage, Link, Connect, ebay, etc., who needs to? 

Never dealt on the boards in any capacity? 

On 11/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Never dealt on the boards in any capacity? 

Never. I can't imagine that I'd be the only one who hasn't. Heritage, Link, Connect, Ebay, and a few others. Those main 4 have everything I need. 

And if I ever wanted to buy here, just for establishing a cover, A post office box to receive it + a money order to pay for it. Easy work around, right? (shrug)

3J, you seem to be relishing in the fact that you're so difficult to help and so 'off the grid'. We're trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, mate, and it feels like you're throwing it back in our faces. Why use a money order when you know we'd be looking for something like PayPal so we can verify your ID when sent/received, whereas a money order gives us no info, and you know that. 

Work with us here, or you're making things look worse for yourself in the court of public opinion. 

On 11/3/2021 at 3:16 PM, James J Johnson said:

Never. I can't imagine that I'd be the only one who hasn't. Heritage, Link, Connect, Ebay, and a few others. Those main 4 have everything I need. 

And if I ever wanted to buy here, just for establishing a cover, A post office box to receive it + a money order to pay for it. Easy work around, right? (shrug)

I can't image wanting to buy from a place where (most of the time) you can get the same book at a reduced cost as the reputable sellers pass the fee savings on to the buyer. That's crazy talk.

I never go anywhere and am a confirmed hermit I have at least 10 people here that can verify who I am.

On 11/3/2021 at 2:28 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

3J, you seem to be relishing in the fact that you're so difficult to help and so 'off the grid'. We're trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, mate, and it feels like you're throwing it back in our faces. Why use a money order when you know we'd be looking for something like PayPal so we can verify your ID when sent/received, whereas a money order gives us no info, and you know that. 

Work with us here, or you're making things look worse for yourself in the court of public opinion. 

Indeed.  I don't think I've actually seen the five magic words -- "I am not Danny Dupcak" -- at any point since the allegation was raised.  Lots of dodgy soliloquys, but no flat out denial.  (shrug)

On 11/3/2021 at 3:16 PM, James J Johnson said:

I honestly don't know what to say, JJJ. At this point, I'm more shell-shocked than Iron Man...