• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 May 16 - 17 Vintage Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction

348 posts in this topic

:o Nooooooooooo. Awesome detail, but thought it was strong so ..........

I bought the NTT 25 Cover :whee:

Thought that might have been you. Congrats! :applause:

Hey Thanks Gene, it topped out at 7K reserve not met 18 months ago at comiclink. I wasn't in a position then, but was happy to nab it at 7.5K as it had been offered for 5 figures originally.

Can they drag out the Norm Saunders stuff any longer - :pullhair: I want to see who the sucker is that buys the X-Factor 1 photocopy doh!

Quite a rambling item description there. It's too bad there is no clear way to say "Walt Simonson never touched this page"...

Can they drag out the Norm Saunders stuff any longer - :pullhair: I want to see who the sucker is that buys the X-Factor 1 photocopy doh!

Quite a rambling item description there. It's too bad there is no clear way to say "Walt Simonson never touched this page"...

...at least, in the catalog. Did they clarify in the online?

Let's just pretend that Simonson penciled directly on this piece, this still seems like a high price. Is the value of the piece derived more from the fact that it's a Simonson cover, or that it was the first issue of an X-book (which no longer exists)?

I thought I had a chance at the Alpha Flight cover with Jim Lee inks and an unknown penciller (no offense to Mark Siry).

It went for alot higher than I thought! I love those issues and I guess I'm not the only one!

Malvin