• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 May 16 - 17 Vintage Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction

348 posts in this topic

anybody besides me curious to see how the asm 328 interior page will do in light of the looniness for the cover?

called it! big catfight on this page! fun to watch!

Think the one on Clink will go for similar?

I would guess a little less on that one? But who the heck knows! :)

Ok, the Hulk panel went for more than the Frazetta painting. Is the sky blue today? Just checking. :insane:doh!

That page benefitted from a wealthy collector wanting any page from that book so any page from ASM 328 should be considered an outlier. Anyone who bought a page years ago from that issue is currently in for a windfall if they decide to sell.

This page went for a huge number as well. I'm glad I got my DPS when I did.

Jack Kirby and Mike Royer The Demon #2 Splash Page 6 Original... $19,120.00

Ok, the Hulk panel went for more than the Frazetta painting. Is the sky blue today? Just checking. :insane:doh!

it didn't actually, the fraz went for 2k more.

but, its a freaky set of circumstances with such an unfinished fraz and the buyer situation on the 328

Someone took a bath on the Cap 211 cover

Oops - I didn't mean to, but I won it. I thought I didn't have a shot at it at my $16K left bid, so I didn't even count it among the two pieces I was really going after (both are yet to come). It was on Bechara's site for $29,500 for a long time. One of several "accidental" purchases I've made over the years. :blush:

Serious congrats to you, Gene! It's a great cover, especially at the price you paid.

Someone took a bath on the Cap 211 cover

Oops - I didn't mean to, but I won it. I thought I didn't have a shot at it at my $16K left bid, so I didn't even count it among the two pieces I was really going after (both are yet to come). It was on Bechara's site for $29,500 for a long time. One of several "accidental" purchases I've made over the years. :blush:

Serious congrats to you, Gene! It's a great cover, especially at the price you paid.

took a look to refresh myself and I agree, its a nice one

Thanks, guys! I'll see how it looks in person before I decide whether to keep it or not. I don't mind paying sub-$20K for a nice Kirby Cap cover.

Just won the first of the two lots that I was actually trying to win: the ridiculously awesome George Perez Batman #441 cover. Yes, Marvel prices are so stupid now that I am buying DC. Jason's worst nightmare is coming true. :insane:

Hey guys!!

I am so happy today I won a grail piece. I have been after this piece for years and have been drooling over it for three months waiting for today.

The piece is the Batman wizard cover by the Biz. Not sure if everyone can appreciate it but for a Biz nut like myself its pretty amazing. SOO happy =))

Hope everyone else got what they were gunning for.

thanks,

Matthew

Thanks, guys! I'll see how it looks in person before I decide whether to keep it or not. I don't mind paying sub-$20K for a nice Kirby Cap cover.

Just won the first of the two lots that I was actually trying to win: the ridiculously awesome George Perez Batman #441 cover. Yes, Marvel prices are so stupid now that I am buying DC. Jason's worst nightmare is coming true. :insane:

:o Nooooooooooo. Awesome detail, but thought it was strong so ..........

I bought the NTT 25 Cover :whee:

:o Nooooooooooo. Awesome detail, but thought it was strong so ..........

I bought the NTT 25 Cover :whee:

Thought that might have been you. Congrats! :applause:

That was a nice cover that went for a great price. Congrats!

Malvin

Somebody got a great deal IMHO on an Avengers 17 page w/ Mole Man, classic Heck team, uncredited loose Kirby plot/ layouts...

:acclaim:

Bravo! Nice it went to a boardie.

Nice one I threw down one bid on it just because for a bit there it wasn't moving!

Congratulations!

Any think the Kirby / Everett Thor with Ulik went high - was available from dealers for less...it does look great in person...but no heroes...

I don't know about it having been available for less or whatever, but I admired that piece and considered bidding. No heroes but 5k for a striking kirby image really isn't bad. If that was thor instead of ulik you're paying many times that for such a dynamic page.

Someone who just appreciated it as a nice example of the man's work irrespective of the subject matter got a nice piece there :)