• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 May 16 - 17 Vintage Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction

348 posts in this topic

Good grief, what's so special about this GL #84 page that it should fetch $22,705??

It was a GREAT page. I bid and got crushed.

Well, that's what I'm saying. Might be a great page at what you were willing to bid, but at $22,705, I think it's :screwy:

Good grief, what's so special about this GL #84 page that it should fetch $22,705??

It was a GREAT page. I bid and got crushed.

Well, that's what I'm saying. Might be a great page at what you were willing to bid, but at $22,705, I think it's :screwy:

Up until the auction, I thought it would go for around 15k. So yes, you are right. That hammer price was crazy high. Still very sorry I lost, but not as bummed out as if I had been the under bidder. Nothing hurts more than just barely missing out. It causes one to second guess. Nothing for me to second guess on this lot.

Art Adams/Mignola Defenders 142 cover = just under $6K

I thought that was a quality piece. Not cheap but not crazy either for a very nice cover that I would have loved to own.

I thought that was a quality piece. Not cheap but not crazy either for a very nice cover that I would have loved to own.

It's VERY early for Art Adams, that's the only thing that I think kept this piece from around $10k.

It's VERY early for Art Adams, that's the only thing that I think kept this piece from around $10k.

Gotta agree with Chris...both artists' styles were still in their respective infancy.

Gene - I have to agree with stinkininkin. In my opinion, the Green Lantern Adams/Wrightson piece was the best panel page from the whole classic Adams/O'Neil run. It seems to have it all: Wrightson's masterful inking over peak period Adams pencils, great composition, fantastic action sequences, cinematic approach, and it comes from a legendary GL run. If one to were want just one example for their collection from that storyline, I don't think you could possibly to do any better.

Of all the Green Lantern Adams pieces I have seen over the years these are, by far, the best of the best. The page that went for $22.7k is just about as perfect as an example can get. It's the perfect storm. I'd rather have that page than some covers.