• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what else do you love to collect other than comics?

155 posts in this topic

For me it's comics, Star Trek Toys, Prop Replicas, Models, and Autographs, I have a minor collection of Vintage and new Star Wars toys, Some various other movie and comic related toys, got a decent sized collection of firearms, specializing in WWII weapons from all major players, and a Blu-Ray and DVD library somewhere past 1500 titles. Oh, and a lotta credit card debt.

Disneyana, Disney theme park stuff, Disney Cast Member items, Disney graded currency, Disney theme park postcards, action figures, toys, statues, trading cards, card games, Halloween Horror Nights stuff, coins, pictures and authographes from a select group of celebrities and general stuff I like.

I also collect dust but I am thinking about giving that one up...

Mike Schmidt baseball cards. I love rookies from the early 80s like mattingly strawberry etc. I couldn't afford them when I was a kid and love to get them now.

I love collecting Catfish Hunter cause he was a Yank and also a NC boy as well as Thurman Munson.

Yanks sux tho. :grin:

This is true, but Thurman Munson rocked!

I just blew out a bunch of books (Goodbye, my run of WWBN :( ) to buy a new set of 17" tires and rims for my summer hobby:

8242614578_906cc17e26_c.jpg

Vintage cars and comic books. I can't afford both, so I usually have to sell something from one to pay for the other... :pullhair:

In addition to comics, I am something of a DVD/Blu-ray nut. I realize this is probably a fool's game, given our ever-increasing evolution towards streaming all things at all times.

Consequently, I've limited myself to collecting the following:

1) DVDs by "boutique" labels. Basically, these are small distributors that release DVDs and Blu-rays of esoteric genre pictures. My favorite of these is a company called Mondo Macabro, but there are others worth collecting.

2) Doctor Who DVDs--I've got everything that's been released in region 1. :insane:

3) Criterion Collection--My favorite of the bunch. I've got several hundred of these at this point...about half of the total collection. I never get tired of checking out Criterion's "coming soon" page. :)

I also bid on the unabomber's typewriter but missed out. :(

I live in Great Falls, MT - the Air Force base here (Malmstrom) is where they brought his cabin and belongings. There's a long-standing urban legend that someone stole his mailbox and that it was installed somewhere here in town...

Been collecting comics for 30 years but in between had other items i collected.

Star Wars items.

Metallica items - Had a huge collection of tickets and memorbillia but sold it all on Ebay a few years ago

Sports Cards- Had a nice collection of rookies for Hocket-BaseBall and Football but sold it years ago

Hess Trucks- I had from the years 1980 to 2000 and sold them last year.

Iron maiden picture Disc. Had a huge collection and hung them on a wall (HAd about 40) and again sold them a few years ago

Got into collecting old tech items a few years ago. Got the original Palm , handspring devices etc and was starting a display but got too expensive.

Old Toys. I buy old toys I used to have as a kid , not alot but still have some sitting around my house. Old board games like stratego etc , Sockem Robots and others

Comic Books are the only thing I have kept and stuck with.

Now all i try to collect is Cash. Whithin 20 years of retirement (I hope) and I have not one dime saved.